The Liquid Marijuana shot is, well, not exactly the most subtle cocktail in the world. From what we can gather, the intent of the “liquid marijuana” drink is to get you tipsy, but this particular Liquid Marijuana recipe calls for blue curaçao, Midori melon liqueur, coconut rum (commonly Malibu), and spiced rum—typically lower-proof spirits—making this a fairly low-ABV shooter despite its druggy name.
The Liquid Marijuana cocktail is sweet, fruity, bright greenish-blue, and ordering one at most craft cocktail bars will probably just get you a raised eyebrow and a quizzical look from the bartender. That said, sometimes it’s fun to have a party shot that doesn’t take itself too seriously.
For the record, there is absolutely no actual cannabis in this Liquid Marijuana drink. If real cannabis is what you’re looking for, check out our guide to cannabis cocktails and learn how the real stuff works.
How to Make a Liquid Marijuana Shot Cocktail
The Liquid Marijuana Shot Recipe is a variation of the Liquid Marijuana recipe.
- 0.25 oz spiced rum
- 0.25 oz coconut rum
- 0.25 oz blue curaçao
- 0.25 oz Midori melon liqueur
- 0.25 oz pineapple juice
- 0.25 oz lemon juice
- 0.25 oz simple syrup
Shot Glass Handy Unit Conversions
- 1 oz = 30 ml
- 1 cl = 10 ml = 1/3 oz
- 1 standard jigger = 1.5 oz = 45 ml
- 1 barspoon = ~1 teaspoon = ~5 ml
- 1 tablespoon = 0.5 oz = 15 ml
- 1 cup = 8 oz
- 1 liter = ~4.25 cups = ~34 oz
- 1 gallon = ~3.8 liters = 5 750ml bottles
- Juice of one lime = ~1 oz = ~30 ml
- Juice of one lemon = ~1.5 oz = ~45 ml
- Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker with ice and shake until chilled.
- Strain into a shot glass and serve.
Liquid Marijuana Drink
- 1/2-ounce Malibu rum
- 1/2-ounce light rum
- 1/2-ounce blue curaçao
- 1/2-ounce apple pucker (or melon liqueur)
- Equal parts sweet ‘n sour mix and pineapple juice
- Servings 1
- Preparation time 5mins
- Cooking time 5mins
Mix ingredients in cocktail shaker with ice.
Pour and garnish with a cherry.
Liquid Marijuana Shot
- 1/4 oz. Blue Curacao Liqueur
- 1/4 oz. Melon Liqueur
- 1/4 oz. Coconut Rum
- 1/4 oz. Rum (Spiced)
- 1 Splash Pineapple Juice
- 1 Splash Sweet And Sour Mix
· Shot Glass
- Pour the ingredients into a Cocktail Shaker filled with ice
- Strain and serve in a 1.5oz. Shot Glass
Alcoholic Cannabis Drink with Decarbed Weed
- 1/2 oz.
- (14 g.) decarbed weed (see below)
- 3 oz. vodka
- 3 tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. grated ginger
- 1 tsp. orange zest
This ingredient shopping module is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content on their web site.
- Heat the honey over low heat in a small saucepan, making sure not to let it foam.
- Grind up your decarbed weed into a powder and stir it into the honey. Add the ginger and orange zest, then slowly add in the vodka.
- Cook over a low heat. The mixture should stay liquid, not become a hot, sticky mess. After 30 minutes, pour into a jar and let it cool.
- Take a teaspoon every 15 minutes, until you hit the right dose for you.
- Grind your cannabis.
- Spread it thinly over a sheet of parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- Set the oven to 220–235 degrees F.
- Bake for 30 to 45 minutes—and voilà, your weed is ready to get you baked.
Cannabis Jello Shots
Jello shots that get you high! Try this green dragon based treat at your next party!
Estimated Time: 5 minutes (preparation) – Up to 4 hours for Jello to set
Serves: Makes about 30 – 1oz Shots
- 6oz Jello (large box)
- 16oz water (boiling)
- 6oz water (cold)
- 10oz Green Dragon (click for recipe)
1. Bring 16oz of water to a boil.
2. Add jello mix into the boiling water, mix until completely dissolved.
3. Turn off heat (important so you don’t evaporate the alcohol!)
4. Add 6oz cold water, followed by 10oz Green Dragon
5. Pour into 1oz shot glasses (3 Pack) or small paper or plastic cups.
6. Place shots into the refrigerator and allow to set, this may take up to 4 hours.
Cannabis Infused Vodka
This cannabis infused vodka can be used for both weed cocktails or cannabis edibles.
- 3 Grams Cannabis buds
- 1 Bottle Vodka
- Decarboxylate your weed by spreading your cannabis evenly on an oven tray And coat with aluminum foil.
- Place in the oven on 240F/115C for 25 till 45 minutes, and then let it cool.
- Chop or grind the cannabis and wrap into cheesecloth to come up with a small package.
- Place the package in a bottle of vodka. And let it infuse for 3 days. Shaking every 12 hours.
- After 3 days, remove cannabis from vodka. You cannabis infused Vodka is ready!
Excitingly, cannabis infused vodka is an excellent base for weed infused recipes. This is a unique base to cannabis cocktails. You can make amazing tasting cannabis beverages and delicious weed edibles!
Weed infused vodka is a mutli-purpose weed edible. Here’s Why:
Notably, infuse high proof alcohol to create a multi-purpose cannabis consumable base. Fortunately, your cannabis spirit infusion essentially becomes a cannabis tincture. Weed tinctures are typically added to cannabis infused candies and weed edible recipes. You can use your weed infusion in canna-cocktails, weed gummies, and beyond.
This is the need to know before you make cannabis infused vodka:
Are you using your cannabis infused vodka for cocktails? Most noteworthy, it is important to understand that this infusion creates a “cross-fading” effect. Consequently, this effect is powerful and not for everybody. In addition, it is important not to abuse this infusion by consuming too much of it. Interestingly, the effects of alcohol almost kick in straight away. In contrast, the effect of this canna-infusion can take close to an hour. Drink slowly and remain aware of timing.
Furthermore, if you are planning to use this vodka weed infusion for edibles, the steps are slightly different. Most notably, cannabis tinctures require the process of evaporation. Alcohol is evaporated by boiling off the alcohol content at a high heat. As a result, this will leave you with a pure cannabis extraction.
How long will this cannabis spirit infusion take?
The cook time of weed vodka is quite short. It only takes about 45 minutes to prepare the weed infusion. We recommend that you leave your cannabis cannabis infused vodka from 48 hours, up to 2 weeks. As a result, you will get the best flavor and potency from your cannabis alcohol infusion.
What cocktails pair nicely with weed vodka?
Certainly, this weed vodka blends well into many cannabis cocktails. Remember that your vodka now is slightly more herbaceous. You can use this to your advantage in your cocktails.
Finally, consider making a Cannabis Infused Moscow Mule, or an elevated Herbed Vodka Martini. For the reason that you do not like the taste of cannabis, mask your cannabis infusion with additional juices.