How to make Nutella Cannabis Hot Cocoa. Firstly, you will need to make some cannamilk. Then, in a medium saucepan, combine milk, cannamilk, and Nutella. Set the stove on medium heat. Whisk vigorously until the liquid is steaming and then remove from heat. Pour the hot cocoa in mugs and top with marshmallows. Enjoy on a cold winters evening.
Bulletproof Hot Chocolate is the wave of the future! Sip this easy, buttery, low carb, KETO delight and know that you will have a warm and delightful high to warm you on the chilly nights! Single Serving Cannabis Hot Chocolate is a wicked easy recipe using your cannabis butter.
BEFORE YOU GET STARTED
If you’re new to cooking with cannabis, you’ll want to learn more about getting started. It’s not hard to cook with cannabis, but there are a few things you’ll need to understand first. For this recipe, you’ll need to know:
- How to Decarb your Weed
- How to Make CannaButter or How to Make Canna Oil
This recipe could not be any easier. Simply make a cup of hot chocolate of your choice. You choose the mix (be sure to use a keto mix if you’re going for a keto cup of hot chocolate).
You can make it with milk or water. It’s completely up to you.
Add CannaButter OR Canna Oil (we recommend coconut Canna Oil for this recipe if you’re going with the oil.)
Use a handheld frother or a blender to mix super well. Add marshmallows or chocolate shavings (or both) and enjoy it while it’s hot!
When your long day is over and the night becomes cold, few things in life are better than a warm cup of hot chocolate. Drinking the same type of hot chocolate again and again can become monotonous, and for cannabis-lovers especially, your typical mug of hot cocoa might not quite fit the bill. That is where cannabis-infused hot chocolate comes into play.
This delicious, milky beverage can provide a nice dose of all your beloved cannabinoids, while still retaining its classic taste and flavor. Best of all, you don’t have to keep your hot cocoa too traditional – there are numerous ways to spruce up your drink.
In this article, we will present to you 5 wonderful recipes for making your own cannabis-infused hot chocolate at home, so that the next time you sit down to enjoy a steamy mug, you’ll have plenty of options to keep it interesting.
Getting Started with Your Cannabis-Infused Hot Cocoa
The very first, and arguably the most important, ingredient you will need in order to produce any of the marijuana-infused hot chocolate recipes that we are about to explain is cannamilk. This cannabis filled ingredient is easy to produce, but you’ll want to have enough on hand to make your hot cocoa.
Cannamilk takes a few hours to prepare, but it does keep in the fridge for as long as your milk is fresh, meaning you could prepare a larger batch and have it ready for the next time you want to enjoy some cannabis hot cocoa. For those who don’t consume dairy or are vegan, it is possible to supplement the milk with a mixture of coconut milk and coconut cream that is full-fat.
How to Make Cannamilk
In order to prepare a large enough batch of cannamilk, you’ll need to retrieve your ingredients:
- 1 liter of whole milk, full-fat milk, or coconut milk mixed with coconut cream (50/50 ratio)
- 25 grams of your best marijuana
- Medium to large saucepan
- Metal (steel) mixing bowl
- Whisk or stirring spoon
Once you’ve collected all of your ingredients, it’s time to get cooking!
- Place a few inches of water into your medium or large saucepan on medium heat, bringing the H2O to a gentle boil.
- Pour your milk or coconut alternative into the steel mixing bowl and then add in the 25 grams of cannabis bud. Using your whisk, stir the ingredients together for about 2 minutes.
- Reduce the pot with water to low heat, allowing it to simmer. Place the steel bowl with its contents into the saucepan so that the bottom of the bowl touches the water. This produces a double boiling effect, which keeps your milk at a stabilized temperature and prevents it from curdling.
- Be sure to keep your heat at a low temperature. This slow cooks the milk and cannabis, which prevents the dairy and the THC from being destroyed. Stir every 10-15 minutes with your whisk or mixing spoon to help keep the mixture emulsified. Keep the water underneath the bowl at a simmer at all times and never a full boil.
- Keep the cannamilk mixture cooking at low heat anywhere from 30 minutes to 3 hours, depending upon the potency and strength you desire. The closer to 3 hours you simmer the mixture, the more potent your cannamilk will become. Do not cook the mixture for more than 3 hours, however. Keep your stove top at low heat for the entire duration.
- Once you feel it’s ready, turn off the heat and strain the mixture through a cheesecloth in order to remove excess leaves and buds. Store your fresh cannamilk in the fridge always for future use.
Cannabis Infused Hot Chocolate Recipe and How to Prepare It
Now that your cannamilk is ready, you can begin experimenting with various hot chocolate recipes.
Salty-Sweet Classic Cannabis Hot Cocoa
A salty, savory twist on your traditional hot cocoa, this multi-flavored beverage is a slight move away from the way we’re used to drinking hot chocolate. This recipe can be made vegan by choosing to prepare your cannamilk with coconut milk/coconut cream, as well as adding in a non-dairy alternative to the actual recipe. Be sure to also check if your dark chocolate contains dairy if you are opting for vegan hot cocoa.
What You’ll Need:
- 3 cups of milk or a non-dairy milk alternative
- ½ cup of cannamilk
- ⅓ cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 8 squares of 72-85% dark chocolate
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- ½ cup of brown sugar
- ⅓ cup of boiling water
- ¾ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ½ cup of half-and-half cream or non-dairy creamer
The Preparation Process:
- Mix together the sugar, salt, and cocoa powder in a small bowl. In a medium saucepan on medium heat, add your boiling water and squares of dark chocolate. Move the chocolate squares around until they melt into a liquid with the hot water.
- Add in your dry ingredients: the sea salt, brown sugar, and cocoa powder and whisk them with the hot water and melted chocolate.
- Whisk in your 3 cups of milk or non-dairy alternative, as well as your half-and-half cream or non-dairy creamer and the cannamilk. Raise the heat and whisk vigorously until the mixture is steaming but not boiling. With regular milk, you’ll be able to smell a slightly sweet scent once the dairy is ready.
- Remove the mixture from the heat, stir in your vanilla extract, pour your hot cocoa into a mug and enjoy.