It’s officially mid-summer, and the temperatures are soaring this year. There’s nothing better than a nice cold meal, and of course the best summer snack is ice cream. Combine two of your passions, and make your very own vanilla cannabis ice cream. Enjoy the summer, and cool down while enjoying cannabis’s medicinal and recreational properties.
Basic Weed Ice Cream
The following recipe creates a plain, white ice cream base. To add flavor, steep your milk with vanilla or herbs before mixing it with the weed cream. Peetz likes balancing out marijuana’s earthy flavor with a sweet and sour strawberry rhubarb topping, made by cooking the fresh fruit with sugar until the water has evaporated.
- 1 ½ cups weed cream
- 4 cups milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 ½ tbsp honey
- ¾ cup dry milk powder
- Scant tsp xanthan gum
- 3 large eggs
- ½ tsp kosher salt
Heat the weed cream and milk to a simmer in a medium saucepan. Turn off the heat, and add the rest of the ingredients except for the eggs and salt. Whisk to dissolve the sugar and milk powder. (The xanthan gum may not dissolve totally. This is okay.) In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs until frothy and temper with a small amount of the hot cream mixture. Pour everything back into the saucepan. Turn the heat back on low and slowly bring the mixture up to 173 degrees, stirring the bottom of the pot often with a rubber spatula. Remove from heat. Add salt. Blend the mixture on a blender’s low setting for one minute. Strain through a fine sieve into a container. Place the container in an ice bath. Let chill completely. Add honey or maple syrup to sweeten. For a bright flavor, add a squeeze of lemon. Spin the liquid mixture in your ice cream machine and serve.
Vanilla Weed Ice Cream
- 300ml cannabis milk
- 300ml whipped cream
- 4 egg yolks
- 80g sugar
- 1 vanilla pod/vanilla extract
- 5g dry cannabis buds / 20g resinous leaves
- Preferred toppings
- Step 1: pour your cannabis milk into a saucepan
- Step 2: open up the vanilla pod and pop the beans and pod into the milk
- Step 3: add the egg yolks and sugar
- Step 4: begin heating the saucepan at medium/low heat whole constantly mixing – do not let the egg begin to cook.
- Step 5: once it’s fully mixed, let it get a bit hotter (while still mixing) until it begins to bubble. As soon as this happens, remove from heat and pour into a bowl.
- Step 6: add the cream and mix thoroughly until it’s fully blended.
- Step 7: pour the resulting mixture into a bowl with a lid for ice cream and place it in the freezer.
- Step 8: take it out of the freezer every 30-40 minutes.
- Step 9: remove the layer of ice that may have formed over your ice-cream and mix.
- Step 10: repeat the last two steps 3 or 4 times and it should be ready to eat!
All that’s left is plating! You can use whichever toppings you like the most and enjoy the amazing high and taste from your homemade delicious vanilla cannabis ice cream.
This recipe can be made with any type of fruit, using the same steps – simply substitute the vanilla in the recipe for whichever fruit that you’d prefer.
Cannabis Infused Chocolate Ice Cream
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 3.5 grams marijuana (ground)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Put ground marijuana and coconut oil into small oven safe bowl. Cover with foil and oven for [[timer length=120]2 hours[/timer]] at 220 f
- Combine mj oil, sugar, milk, salt, and cocoa powder in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Filter mixture through cheesecloth sieve.
- Bring back to a simmer. Place the egg yolks into a small bowl. Gradually stir in about 1/2 cup of the hot liquid. And return to the saucepan.
- Heat until thickened, but do not boil. Remove from the heat, and stir in the chopped chocolate until chocolate is melted.
- Pour into a chilled bowl, and refrigerate for about two hours until cold. Stir occasionally.
- When chocolate mixture has completely cooled, stir in the cream, and vanilla.
- Pour into an ice cream maker, and freeze according to manufacturer’s directions.
Banana-Honey Weed Ice-cream
What will you need?
- 10g ground bud (This can vary according to your capacity/effects wanted-increase or decrease accordingly)
- 500ml heavy cream
- 2 tablespoon of butter/olive oil
- 2 Ripe Bananas (400g)
- 3 tablespoon rum
- 75g sugar (Or any healthy alternative you want to use)
- A pinch of salt (To bring out the flavours)
- If you want to add any additional nuts, chocolate chips, etc, you can do so.
- One large saucepan
- A whisk
- A bowl/plate
- A Grinder
- Freezer container to store the ice cream
Steps to make the Cannabis Ice-cream
Step 1: Place the saucepan on medium heat and add your heavy cream into it. Make sure the flame remains on medium unless you want to burn it(duh).
Step 2: Keep stirring the cream for a few minutes, and then add your butter, salt, and sugar into the same saucepan. Make sure you’re constantly stirring it.
Step 3: Once the mixture is blended well, it’s time to add the cannabis. Use a herb grinder to shred the decarboxylated herbs, and add them into the heavy cream mixture.
Step 4: While the mixture is heating on the side, cut the banana in a bowl/plate and mash it up with a fork.
Step 5: Add the mashed banana, the honey, and rum to the mixture and stir it for some more time.
Step 6: Pour the mixture into a freezer container and you’re done! Make sure the container is a comfortable one from where you can scoop a good amount of ice-cream when you’re craving for one.