Isn’t it everyone’s dream to eat raw cookie dough? It doesn’t matter how old you are or how many times your mom told you not to eat raw dough. Licking the spoon when you make a batch of cookies always brings childlike joy. We all know you’re not supposed to eat raw eggs, but did you know raw flour can make you sick too? Truth be told, I’ve never gotten sick from eating raw dough, but this recipe has no eggs, and we cook the flour to make sure it’s safe. The only way you might get sick is by eating too much, which has definitely happened to me. Oops.
- 1½ cups flour
- 2 tablespoons cannabis butter melted
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- ¼ cup brown sugar packed
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- ¼ cup milk
- Spread flour onto a baking sheet and bake at 350° for five minutes.
- Whisk together cannabis butter, unsalted butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, vanilla extract, and salt.
- Fold in flour, then the chocolate chips.
- Add milk a tablespoon at a time until you reach the consistency that you want. Keep it dryer if you’re forming balls, or add milk if you want to serve the cookie dough as a spread or dip.
- Roll dough into 1½ tablespoon sized balls and store in the refrigerator.
Cannabutter chocolate chip edible cookie dough in under 10 minutes
If there is one thing that cannabis enthusiasts are known for is their inability to turn down a good munchie. This edible cookie dough recipe takes any snacking hobby to the extreme, by using cannabutter as a base of infusion. The results are a potent and long-lasting high, which pair nicely with a full belly. This recipe is excellent as a starter for learning how to make edibles, as it requires the most minimal ingredients and less than an hour of your time. The best part about this edible cookie dough recipe is that it is really easy to experiment with exciting its flavors and additions, which makes it perfect for personalizing your very own edible treat.
Makes: 2 servings
Duration: 10 minutes
- ¼ cup of brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons of cannabutter
- 2 tablespoons of chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon of white milk
- 1/8 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon of coarse salt
- 1 large bowl
- 1 potato masher
How to make edible cookie dough
1. Bake flour at 350°F for 5 minutes. (This will help to kill and avoid any bacteria if the edible cookie dough is stored)
2. Add the cannabutter, brown sugar, vanilla extract and salt to a large mixing bowl.
3. Crush those ingredients together using a masher or a large mixing spoon until thoroughly combined.
4. Add the milk to the bowl, then stir it in until the mixture reaches a smooth and even consistency.
5. Slowly add only 1 teaspoon of flour at a time, mixing it into the dough until it results in the perfect edible cookie dough texture.
6. Pour the chocolate chips onto the dough, and serve as is, or mix them in for a little bit of chocolate in every single bite.
Additions to create the perfect flavor of edible cookie dough
Though just about everyone enjoys a good old-fashioned chocolate chip cookie from time to time, the vast variety of flavor choices that are possible with this recipe will have you wanting something brand new and exciting every time you whip up a batch. Just remember to add the equivalent of flour, to ensure a thick and chewy texture. Choose any one, or mix and match, by adding up to a tablespoon of any these addition at a time:
- Peanut butter
- Apple puree
- Ice cream
- Chocolate fudge sauce
- Hot chocolate mix (no additional flour necessary)
The perfect weed strains for this edible cookie dough recipe
If you have the option of making your own cannabutter to use in the making of edibles, then be aware that the type of weed chosen can significantly impact the flavor of the dish. Since this recipe is sweet, just about any citrus, fruity or berry strain could do the trick, but if you want to get really fancy, then check out these amazing cookie weed strains:
- Platinum Cookies
- Thin Mint Cookies
- Sunset Sherbert
- Chem Scout
- Girl Scout Cookies
- Nightmare Cookies
- Cookie Cake
- Cookies and Cream
CBD Infused Edible Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
This simple CBD chocolate chip cookie dough recipe is an easy CBD recipe using Simply Add CBD Baking Oil to put together when you want something sweet, but don’t want to wait for your dessert to bake! Or… if you just love chocolate chip cookie dough like me!.
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Measuring cups
- KitchenAid Hand Mixer
- 2 cups Flour
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- ¼ cup Sugar
- 2½ tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips regular or mini
- 1 cup Unsalted Butter diced into cubes
- 2 tbsp Whole Milk
- 5 ml Simply Add CBD Baking Oil ≈ 5 mg CBD per heaping scoop of cookie dough
Before You Begin
- Leave your butter out in order for it to soften to room temperature.
- We recommend heat treating your flour in order for the flour to absorb moisture and make your recipe taste much better!
You can heat treat your flour by placing it in a large bowl and cooking it in the microwave for 50-60 seconds until the temperature of the flour reaches 166°.
Making Edible CBD Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- In a large bowl, mix your brown sugar, regular sugar, and butter together for about one minute into a creamy, fluffy mixture.
- · Add in the vanilla extract, salt and Simply Add CBD Baking Oil. We recommend to dispense it out of the supplied dropper roughly .25 ml in various spots all over the mixture to disperse the CBD. Mix these ingredients in thoroughly.
- Important: Mix thoroughly at this step for a few extra minutes to ensure the Simply Add CBD Baking Oil is dispersed throughout the mixture. This will ensure your servings have a more even dosage of CBD. You will not have an opportunity to thoroughly mix in the coming steps!
- · Beat in flour until just combined into this mixture.
- · Begin to add milk one tablespoon at at time and mix until your CBD cookie dough reaches your desired consistency.
- Stir in your chocolate chips with rubber spatula.
When changing the recipe to make more or less servings, make sure to calculate your Simply Add CBD™ Baking Oil requirements accordingly to reach your desired dosage of CBD. This is also true if you decide to consume larger servings, but less total quantity of servings with this exact recipe – your CBD dosage per serving will increase.
To figure out the dosage per large scoop of edible CBD chocolate chip cookie dough, use the values below to calculate your total CBD used and divide by the number of servings you expect. This is the estimated CBD per serving.
This Post Has 5 Comments
Hello. I have a question. I roughly grinded my Marijuana and decarboxylated it, but I see there are many whole seeds in the batch. Do I remove the seeds before cooking? I see some recipes have you strain the butter/Marijuana mix (cookies) while other recipes tells you to chuck the whole ground up weed into the batter (brownies). Any advice?
Hey, Lina. In my opinion I would strain the butter, after all the THC has already been infused into the butter, the properties have already been absorbed. Hope it helps!
Can I make an edible cookie dough using normal recipe but pasteurize the eggs and heat treat the flour? Most recipes I’ve seen use cream cheese and other substitutes but I would like to use a favorite family recipe. If I use pasteurized eggs and heat the flour would that work? I can’t think of a reason it wouldn’t. It would be kept refrigerated of course. To what temp does the flour need to get to? 165? Thanks.
Yes, 165F for the flour and pasteurized eggs would be safe to eat “raw”
I use a flax ‘egg’ borrowing a vegan baking technique instead of eggs. Works great for binding them and without worrying. 1 egg = 1 tbsp ground flax mixed with 3 tbsp water.