Vegan cannamilk, or simply weed-infused non-dairy milk, is a keen way to infuse any baked snack that requires milk. Or simply consume the infused milk in any way you’d use milk. You’re welcomed to use any milk you choose, but keep in mind that fat plays a key role in infusing food with weed because the THC within the cannabis needs to bond with fat in order to be effective. Aim for dairy-free milk that has 3g of fat or more per serving for the best results. Take a swig from your concoction and have a nice, light green, vegan cannamilk mustache.
The vegan variety of cannabis milk is based on almond milk, due to its natural high fat content. You can of course use store bought almond milk, but it‘s way tastier to make up your own fresh batch. It‘s easy to make fresh almond milk you will need the following:
Vegan Cannamilk #1
- 45g of almonds
- 250ml of water
- Soak the almonds in water overnight
- Blend the almonds and water together in a food processor/blender until it‘s smooth and looks like milk.
- Strain the almond residue out of the milk. It‘s easiest to use a dedicated nut milk bag for this, but any fine sieve will do.
Vegan Cannamilk #2
You’re going to want to use at least 2 grams of marijuana per cup of milk.
- 6 – 9 grams marijuana
- 3 cups of soy milk or milk of choice
- Line a baking sheet with foil and preheat your oven to 240ºF. Grind your buds, spread it across a baking sheet and put it in the oven for 40 minutes to decarboxylate.
- Pour the vegan milk into a pan and set it on the stove over medium-low heat, add in the decarbed cannabis and and let it simmer for an 60 minutes, whisking occasionally but be careful not to boil. Ensure the temperature does not exceed 250ºF in order to avoid degrading the THC.
- Strain your cannamilk through a couple layers of cheesecloth to get rid of the plant matter. Put the vegan cannamilk in a jar or bottle and store in the fridge.
Vegan cannamilk, or non-dairy milk infused with weed, is a great ingredient to have around since you can use it once activated as a cold or hot staple to get lifted.
Vegan Cannamilk #3
Dairy-Free Canna-Coconut Milk
This coconut-based mother’s milk recipe from Cannabis Now is a great tool to have in your vegan cooking arsenal, as well a powerful way to use your kief. Substitute it in any drinkable cannabis recipe that calls for cannamilk, or enjoy on its own. It’s as easy as it is delicious.
- 1 gallon of coconut milk (vanilla or unflavored)
- 1 gram of kief
Start by decarbing your kief. Follow this handy guide to make sure you’re on the right track.
Use the double boiler method to heat up your coconut milk. Use the lowest setting for best results. Add the coconut milk and kief, gently stirring with a spoon to ensure that all of the cannabis is wholly incorporated.
Let the cannabis and coconut milk mixture heat on the lowest setting for one hour. You’ll need to keep careful watch over the milk mixture to prevent burning. A skin may form on top of the milk as it infuses, but it shouldn’t get hot enough to scald.
After one hour, place a fine mesh strainer or cheesecloth over the heat-friendly container of your choice, and strain the canna-coconut milk (do not include the skin).
Enjoy your milk warm, or allow to set in an ice bath for a few moments before refrigerating. Give milk a good stir before drinking or serving.
Vegan Cannamilk #4
- 1 1/2 cups light coconut milk (canned is best, but carton works too)
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened plain almond milk (DIY or store-bought)
- 1 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger (see notes for fresh*)
- 1 whole cinnamon stick (or 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon // I prefer the stick!)
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil (see notes for oil-free)
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- Sweetener of choice (i.e. maple syrup, coconut sugar, or stevia to taste)
- To a small saucepan, add coconut milk, almond milk, ground turmeric, ground ginger, cinnamon stick, coconut oil, black pepper, and sweetener of choice (I usually add 1 Tbsp (15 ml) maple syrup // amount as original recipe is written // adjust if altering batch size).
- Whisk to combine and warm over medium heat. Heat until hot to the touch but not boiling – about 4 minutes – whisking frequently.
- Turn off heat and taste to adjust flavor. Add more sweetener to taste or more turmeric or ginger for intense spice + flavor.
- Serve immediately, dividing between two glasses and leaving the cinnamon stick behind. Best when fresh, though leftovers can be stored covered in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. Reheat on the stovetop or microwave until hot.
Vegan Cannamilk #5
How to make your own Hemp Milk at home?
Hemp milk recipe using hemp seeds hearts, vanilla and coconut sugar. Super healthy and made in two short minutes
- 100g (1/2 cup) shelled hemp seeds
- 500ml (2 cups) spring water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons coconut sugar
- Add all ingredients to a jug for blending.
- Blend for about a minute or until everything is combined.
- Pop the hemp milk into a large jar or bottle.
- Pop it into the fridge to chill before serving (it tastes best chilled).
- You will still get some sediment settling from the hemp seeds. This is all super healthy.
- Note: If you don’t want the sediment OR if you have used whole (seeds that aren’t shelled) hemp seeds then you will need to strain it will a cheese cloth or purpose made nut milk bag.
- Give it a swish and a jiggle before using.
THC Infused Oat Milk
- 3-5 grams Decarbed Cannabis
- 4 cups Oat Milk
- On medium heat add milk to a sauce pan, and let cook for a few minutes
- Add decarbed cannabis and stir.
- Cook for 20 minutes. Watch closely so it doesn’t boil, you don’t want the milk getting to hot or burning. Stir every few minutes.
- After 20 minutes Strain mixture using strainer and cheesecloth. Refrigerate covered