Canna-simple syrup is used in almost all canna-infused cocktails. And let me tell you, there are no cocktails more refreshing than canna-cocktails. They are cooling, refreshing, and absolutely delicious! Oh, and how can I miss the wonderful high they give.
You can find prepared canna-simple syrup from the store as well, but I personally like the homemade one more. It’s very easy to make and doesn’t require many ingredients. It’s up to you which strain you choose, but I personally prefer good sativa strains. The recipe I’m sharing here is usually enough for almost 24 doses, but then again the dosage depends on the potency that you want to take. Well if you ask me, my tip would be to go slow. You have enough time in the world to try out all the strains and get all the high you desire, so reasonable doses everyday would do.
Before sharing the recipe, let me tell you that this canna-infused simple syrup is the key ingredient in canna-cocktails. So if you learn to make it, you can add it in all kinds of fruity cocktails and enjoy their taste and high together.
What is THC Syrup?
This liquid substance is super sweet and a fantastic cannabis treat. It is the secret ingredient in the best cold homemade cannabis beverages. THC syrup is essentially simple syrup. Simple syrup is how bartenders typically add sweetness to beverages. It is a 50/50 ratio of sugar and water. THC syrup is the exact same, except we use cannabis sugar! Heat your THC sugar and water according to the recipe and you’re all set.
Cannabis Simple Syrup #1
- 3 cups water
- 3 cups ground sugar
- 2 tbsp vegetable glycerin
- 4 grams finely chopped cannabis
HOW TO MAKE
- Pour the water in a medium saucepan and heat it. When it starts boiling, slowly add the chopped cannabis and keep stirring.
- Then add the ground sugar and keep stirring till it dissolves.
- Cover the saucepan and cook the mixture for 20 mins. But make sure that the mixture does not boil vigorously.
- Remove the cover from saucepan and add glycerin in the mixture.
- Cook the mixture for 7-8 mins and keep stirring. The mixture in saucepan will thicken.
- Let the syrup cool down.
- Use a spout to transfer the syrup into a measuring cup.
- Use a small-sized strainer and cheesecloth to strain the syrup into a jar or bottle. Keep the jar/bottle in your fridge.
Cannabis Simple Syrup by BMWO
WHAT YOU NEED
- 3 cups of filtered water
- 3 cups fine granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable glycerine (found at most health food stores)
- 2g finely chopped/ground cannabis
- 1 jar or bottle
- 1 saucepan
- Strainer or cheesecloth
HOW TO MAKE
- Add the sugar and water in the saucepan. Bring to a boil.
- Stir until sugar is completely dissolved then add the cannabis. Cover the pot and allow it to boil gently for another 20 minutes. This is the most important step as the heat will decarboxylate the cannabis. This is also when the THC will be transferred into the syrup.
- To prevent the liquid from getting too hot, keep the liquid at a low roiling boil.
- At the 20 minute mark, reduce the temperature. Add the glycerine.
- Let the mixture simmer for another 5-6 minutes, keepign a close eye on the pot. Remove the lid and stir quickly every minute.
- Remove the pot from the heat. Carefully pour the hot syrup through the strainer or cheesecloth into your container. Go slowly. The idea is to remove all plant matter from the syrup – plus, you don’t want to risk burning yourself.
- Let the mixture cool. It will have reduced slightly in this process. However, you should have about 3 cups of syrup.
There are many, many uses for this delicious syrup. That includes as toppings on foods ranging from pancakes to ice cream. Remember that you do not want to eat more than 10 mg per serving.
Then, of course, there is the range of canna-cocktails you can create. Canna-syrup is the perfect addition to non-alcoholic but tasty concoctions that can make you travel over the moon. Who needs alcohol?
For a super tasty, refreshing summer treat, just add sparkling water, a little fruit juice and a dash of your canna-syrup.
THC Syrup #3
- vast pot or slow cooker
- 9 glasses Light Corn Syrup
- 3 ounce finely ground cannabis
- Tupperware holder with cover
- elastic band (one that will extend around the edge of your Tupperware)
- Pour the Light Corn Syrup in the pan or stewing pot and set on low/medium warmth.
- Let the syrup warm up until it is hot however ensure it doesn’t bubble.
- Add your finely ground cannabis to the hot syrup.
- Blend the cannabis often as it douses for no less than 4 hours. Try not to give it a chance to bubble.
- Set up your Tupperware holder by taking 2 sheets of the cheesecloth and securing it over the cover of the dish utilizing the elastic band. Turn heat off and let blend cool down somewhat.
- Pour the cannabis corn syrup blend gradually over the highest point of the cheesecloth and into the holder. Rehash this progression as important to strain the greater part of the plant from the syrup.
- Permit syrup to cool. Store the Cannabis Corn Syrup in an impenetrable holder and keep it in a cool, dim spot
THC Syrup #4
- 3 cups of water
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp vegetable glycerin
- 4 grams of cannabis, finely chopped
Directions for Canna-Cocktail w/ Simple Syrup
- Add the three cups of water to a pot and bring to a boil.
- Start adding the chopped cannabis gradually; stir frequently.
- Toss in the sugar and stir to dissolve.
- Leave to cook for 20 minutes, covered; don’t allow the mixture to boil aggressively.
- Remove cover, and add the glycerin; continue cooking at a bubble for 7-8 minutes. Stir constantly; the mixture should thicken.
- Allow the syrup to cool, then pour into a measuring cup.
- Finally, strain the syrup through a strainer and cheesecloth to remove any excess cannabis, and enjoy! The beverage is good to store in the fridge.
THC Syrup (THC Lean)
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable glycerin
- 6 grams cannabis (you can use more or less if you want)
- Decarb the cannabis. Preheat your oven to 250ºF (121ºC). Place cannabis buds on a non-stick, oven-safe tray. Cover the tray with parchment paper to prevent sticking. Insert the tray into the oven and set a timer for 30 minutes. Older, drier cannabis may require less time.
- Make the syrup. Add water to pot. Bring to small boil, add in sugar and stir until dissolved fully. Add the glycerin and stir til well combined. Add cannabis in and let simmer for 30 mins, stirring occasionally. It’s optional, but after simmer let steep for 10 mins.
- Strain syrup. Strain syrup through cheesecloth. Squeeze out all of the syrup that you can out of the cannabis inside the cloth.
- Bottle. Pour syrup in any air tight bottle or jar that you have.
- Dose carefully. Pour in any drink that you want and enjoy. I recommend sweet drinks. Most people use something that is sugary, but it is totally up to you.
- When you filter and bottle your syrup, it prob wont be that thick. It will thicken more in the bottle so don’t add more to the recipe thinking that you are doing something wrong. That’s what I did to the first batch, and ending up making cannabis concrete instead.
- Letting the syrup steep after cooking is optional. Some people like to strain immediately because it strains faster when it’s hotter. I would recommend trying different ways, and seeing what works best for you.