Ice cream has been a favorite cannabis munchie for decades. Ben and Jerry’s is usually the potion of choice. In addition, infusing cannabis with ice cream isn’t a new idea. It’s about time that we made Cannabis Ben & Jerry’s ice cream happen, right?
If you’re hoping that this ice cream company will create a weed infused pint, read on. In an interview by Huffpost (2015), creators of this ice cream began discussing this venture. This aligns perfectly with their lineup of quirky flavors. However, we don’t want to wait for this to come to fruition. Check out our recipe for Cannabis Ben & Jerry’s for the perfect weed dessert.
How do I create this cannabis infusion, you ask?
Now, we could give you a whole list of ingredients and steps to make a Ben & Jerry’s tasting ice cream. Instead, this is a simple recipe that infuses their delicious ice cream with a cannabis tincture.
You can purchase a cannabis tincture from your local cannabis dispensary. Excitingly, you can make a THC tincture in the comfort of your home. Check out this easy to follow recipe and create your own cannabis tincture.
If you are hoping to enjoy a weed infusion and need to avoid THC, you can create a CBD tincture instead! Here is our recipe for a CBD tincture. This is a perfect option for the cannabis enthusiast that does not want to get high. CBD bud does not elicit the mind altering effects of cannabis.
Remember to tell your guests that this ice cream contains cannabis. Always disclose its elevating properties and be sure to keep out of reach of children.
Ready to create Cannabis Ben & Jerry’s ice cream?
Grab your cannabis tincture and head on down to our step by step recipe. Be sure to correctly dose your ice cream according to the recipe. The rest of this recipe is super quick and easy to create! You’re going to mix up the specific amount of THC following our recipe, and it is ready to be enjoyed!
- 1 Ben & Jerry’s 16 oz Cup ( Favorite Flavor)
- 1 Tablespoon (roughly 175mg THC) Cannabis tincture
- In a medium bowl, melt your ice cream till a little softer but still very cold.
- Add your cannabis tincture and whisk well till all combined.
- Add you ice cream back to your cup and back in the freezer.
- Make sure to label it to avoid anyone else accidentally eating it.
Vegan Weed-infused Vanilla Ice Cream Recipe
How many licks of cannabis-infused ice cream does it take to get you baked? Once you complete this recipe, you’ll have your answer
- 3-6 grams ground marijuana
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 can coconut cream (13-15oz)
- 1 can coconut milk (13-15oz)
- ½ cup cane sugar or maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- The night before, put a freezer-safe bowl into the freezer. This will be used to mix your ice cream.
- The following day, preheat your oven to 240F, add your ground kush to a small bowl followed by the coconut oil on top of it. Cover the bowl with 2 layers of foil and place it in the oven for 40 minutes to decarboxylate it.
- Once your weed has decarbed, remove it from the oven and use a couple layers of cheesecloth to strain the oil to get rid of the plant matter.
- Give your can of coconut milk a good shake before opening, then add ½ cup of coconut milk into a small bowl followed by the cornstarch and weed-infused coconut oil. Whisk thoroughly and set aside.
- Pour the rest of the coconut milk into a saucepan and place it on the stove over medium-low heat. Add the coconut cream, cane sugar, and salt to the saucepan and stir until everything is dissolved.
- Keep whisking the ingredients in the saucepan and pour the cornstarch mixture into it. This is your ice cream base.
- Increase the heat to medium and stir occasionally for about 6-8 minutes until the ice cream base thickens. Be careful not to boil.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat, stir in the vanilla extract, pour your ice cream base into a shallow container and allow it to cool to room temperature.
- Once cooled, cover the container and store it in the refrigerator for 4 hours.
- Transfer the ice cream base to the frozen bowl and freeze for 5 hours. Remove the bowl from the freezer every hour and whisk the ice cream to incorporate air.
There you have it; a scrumptious cannabis-infused ice cream recipe. Grab a scoop and slap it in between a couple of snickerdoodles while you’re at it. Happy Eating!
Vegan Raspberry Reefer Ice Cream
There’s only a handful of things we should be sinking our tongues into. Ice cream is definitely #1. Sweet, succulent, cold, and cannabis-infused; this is a simple 7-step raspberry ripple ice cream recipe for vegans.
- 3-6 grams of ground marijuana
- 3 tablespoons cup coconut oil
- 2 cans full fat coconut milk (one can is about 13-15oz)
- 1 tablespoon arrow root powder
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 4 tablebspoons cane sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cane sugar
- 2 cups raspberries (300g)
INFUSING THE ICE CREAM
- Place a mixing bowl in the freezer to chill. Preheat your oven to 240°F. Break down your buds, removing stems and seeds, and add it to an oven-safe container, spreading it evenly. Scoop the coconut oil and spread it over the weed. Place it in the oven for 30 minutes for decarboxylation.
- Take the weed-infused coconut oil from the oven and strain the oil to get rid of the plant matter. Add the oil to a saucepan over medium heat and whisk in the arrow powder.
- Grab the cans of full fat coconut milk and shake them before opening. Pour the milk into the saucepan and stir. Add in syrup, sugar, salt and mix until all the contents are combined. Whisk constantly, making sure the heat is not too high. The mixture should be warm but be careful not to boil. Keep stirring for about 6 minutes.
- Pour the ice cream mix into your frozen bowl and store it in the fridge for two hours, blending it with a hand mixer every 20 minutes.
SWIRL IN RASPBERRY SAUCE
- Pour 1/3 cup of water in a saucepan and add in the raspberries and along with the cane sugar over medium heat. Let it simmer for 5-7 minutes until the liquid thickens.
- Set a sieve over a bowl and pour the raspberry mixture into it, pressing the berries against the sieve to extract all the juice and pulp. Discard the seeds. You should now be left with a beautiful crimson colored syrup.
- Once your ice cream base has cooled, pour about ¼ (it doesn’t have to be precise) of the base in a freezer-proof container, then drizzle some of the syrup over it. Add another layer of ice cream and drizzle in another layer of syrup. Do this repetitively until all the ice cream and syrup is layered in the container. Cover the container securely and freeze for 4-5 hours.
Stay smooth and subscribe below to stay updated on more sweet desserts!
Cannabis Chocolate Ice Cream Recipe(Dairy-Free)
This creamy cannabis chocolate ice cream will have you reaching scrumptious heights in just 5 easy steps! An easy vegan-friendly recipe.
- 3-6 grams of ground marijuana
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 cup dairy-free milk
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 ounces of semi sweet chocolate
- 2 cups coconut cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Decarbing the cannabis is your first step. Preheat your oven at 240°F. Put the ground cannabis in a small oven-safe bowl, spreading it evenly, add the coconut oil over it and cover the bowl with foil. Place it in the oven for 40 minutes.
- Pick a pan or bowl (avoiding anything that might shatter) and store it in the freezer. This will be used to blend your ice cream later.
- Take your bowl from the oven and strain the canna-oil into a saucepan. Add milk, syrup, salt, and cocoa powder to the saucepan and allow it to simmer over medium heat. Stir constantly and be careful not to boil.
- Chop up the chocolate and stir into milk until all is melted. Pour the mixture into your frozen bowl and store in the refrigerator for two hours, blending it with a hand mixer every 20 minutes. This will make the ice cream smooth and creamy.
- Once the mixture cools down, stir in the coconut cream and vanilla extract. Pour the mixture into an airtight container and store your chocolate ice cream in the freezer for 6 hours.
When serving, drizzle some weed-infused chocolate syrup over it and boom. You’ve got yourself a fantastic weed-infused frozen edible treat that’s muy delicioso! Stay lit.
Cannabis-Infused Butter Ice Cream
In 1984, President Ronald Reagan designated July as National Ice Cream Month and the third Sunday of the month as National Ice Cream Day. We’re celebrating today by making homemade cannabis-infused ice cream!
- 1-quart heavy whipping cream
- 8 egg yolks
- 1-ounce butter extract
- 1 cup Heavenly Sweet Butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Whip together all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Set into the refrigerator until you are ready to make your ice cream.
- Prepare your ice cream maker, which can take up to 24 hours for proper freezing.
- Pour all ingredients into ice cream maker and turn on. Let the machine do the work! You should have velvety butter ice cream in about 30 minutes.
- Spoon into an airtight container and place in the freezer to harden to ice cream consistency. Butter ice cream can be stored in the freezer for up to 2 weeks.
If you’re reading this, you’ve probably come up with the high-dea for cannabis-infused ice cream. Unfortunately, we don’t think any cannabis-infused ice cream trucks exist (although that would be awesome). So, we’ve come up with three different ways to make cannabis-infused ice cream at home, any time.
Turning store-bought ice cream into cannabis-infused ice cream
The easiest way to create weed ice cream is to simply infuse a pint of your favorite flavor with a cannabis tincture.
Let your pint sit on the counter until it’s soft but not completely melted. We recommend using this time to smoke a bowl, but that’s just us. Once your ice cream reaches chunky soup status, dump it into a medium bowl and stir until smooth. Add 1 tablespoon of your favorite cannabis tincture (175mg THC) and mix it up. Pour back into your pint container and re-freeze. Be sure label your ice cream to avoid unintentional dosing, and enjoy!
How do I make weed ice cream using cannabutter?
If you keep cannabutter in your fridge on the reg, then this recipe is for you. If not, no worries. You can always follow our step-by-step guide for making cannabutter.
What you’ll need:
- 4 Tablespoons Cannabutter
- 2 Cups Whipping Cream
- 14 oz can of condensed milk
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- ¼ Cup Chopped Mint
- ½ Cup Mini Chocolate Chips (optional)
How to make it:
Using a hand or stand mixer, whip your cream at med/high until firm peaks begin to form.
Next, combine room temperature cannabutter, condensed milk, vanilla, and chopped mint in a separate bowl.
Fold this mixture into your cream and mix until combined. Pour the mixture into a freezer safe container and freezer for a couple hours. Remove and stir in chocolate chips. Return to freezer for an additional 4-6 hours.
If not adding chocolate, freeze for 6-8 hours and you’re ready to scoop!
How do I make cannabis-infused ice cream using weed cream?
First things first, you’ll need to make your weed cream. *Pro tip, make a double batch and save half for cannabis infused coffee.
How to make weed cream:
- 2 Cups Heavy Cream
- 5-10 Grams of Flower (broken up)
Combine the heavy cream and marijuana in a medium saucepan. Cook just below a simmer for about an hour. THC activates around 220 degrees Fahrenheit, but higher temps can harsh your buzz, so it’s important not to let the mixture boil.
Then, strain the mixture through a cheesecloth or fine mesh strainer. Because some of the cream will evaporate during this process, you’ll need to combine your infused cream with non-weed cream until you’re at about 2 cups.
Mix with a stand or hand mixer at medium/high for about 30 seconds and then chill until ready to use.
How to make cannabis-infused ice cream with weed cream
- One 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- Pinch fine salt
- 2 cups weed cream, cold
Whisk together the condensed milk, vanilla and salt in a large bowl; set aside.
Whip the cream with a mixer on medium-high speed until firm peaks form or about 2 minutes.
Fold about half of the whipped cream into the condensed milk mixture with a rubber spatula until combined, then fold into the whipped cream until well blended. Pour into a chilled, freezer safe container, and freeze, covered, until thick and creamy or about 2 hours. If desired, swirl in any mix-ins like crushed oreos, candy, or chocolate with a spoon. Pop it back in the freezer for 3 or 4 more hours, or until it’s scoopable. Serve and enjoy!
Time to get started
Now that you know how to make cannabis-infused ice cream at home, get all of your weed needs delivered with Emjay so you can get started right away!