These cannabis peanut butter cookies are the same delicious melt-in-your-mouth peanut butter cookies you already know and love infused with cannabis coconut oil, cannabutter, cannasugar, or cannabis concentrates.
Whether you’re a beginner or a seasoned veteran when it comes to making cannabis edibles, cannabis peanut butter cookies are the perfect place to start. Simple and easy to make, these cookies are essentially a staple within the marijuana edible division of the cannabis industry. That strong herbal flavor that weed leaves behind on your palate can sometimes make a recipe taste a bit weird, but thankfully, peanut butter is overpowering enough to cover that up, making your eating experience much more pleasant.
A reader recently asked if I had a peanut butter cookies recipe. I could not believe I had never published one before.
In most cases I favor all-natural peanut butter, you know the kind that usually has a thick layer of oil on top and is made from just peanuts and salt. However, all-natural peanut butter does NOT make the best peanut butter cookies! They come out kind of grainy and dry (as I learned the hard way). So, for this recipe, I recommend something like Jif or Skippy. Either creamy or crunchy style will do, as to your preference for chunks or no chunks.
Chilling the dough before baking helps keep the cookies from spreading out too much, although if you are impatient, you can skip this step, but expect thinner cookies.
Freezer Friendly Cannabis Peanut Butter Cookies
For hot medicated cookies anytime, freeze individual unbaked cookies on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Once frozen, transfer to a plastic freezer container or bag. Whenever you want a medicated treat, remove however many cookies you want at a time and bake according to recipe instructions, adding a minute or two to the baking time.
A note about the Dosing on this recipe!
This recipe will have about 25 mg THC per cookie IF you made your marijuana butter from average cannabis (10% THC) and used 1/2 ounce of marijuana to make 1 cup butter. To adjust the dosage for your personal needs and to reflect the strength of the marijuana you are cooking with and the amounts you used to make your butter, be sure to take my FREE 10 minute online Dosing Class that will teach you how to do it, or better yet, use my handy dosage calculator tools that do all the math for you (see below).
Before proceeding with the recipe for marijuana peanut butter cookies, you must make cannabutter, which is widely used for all sorts of cannabis edibles. In order for your edibles to give you that “high” feeling, the weed used for your cannabutter will need to go through the decarboxylation process. This means your raw cannabis has to be heated up to activate the THCA cannabinoids that it contains and turn it into the psychoactive compound THC, which is what gives you that intoxicating effect from weed. Make sure to pay attention to the potency of your cannabutter as this will also determine the potency of your cannabutter peanut butter cookies. If you don’t know how to figure out the correct dosage for your recipe or just don’t want to do the math, we have provided an online calculator for your convenience. Of course, if you don’t want the head high, try swapping THC with CBD!
Recipe: Delicious Peanut Butter Cannabis Cookies
These melt-in-your-mouth cookies are buttery, coated in a layer of crunchy sugar, filled with weed, and surprisingly easy to bake.
If pot brownies have never been your thing, we’ve got something a little different to satisfy your sweet tooth: peanut butter weed cookies.
Sugar cookie’s nutty cousin, these melt-in-your-mouth cookies are buttery, coated in a layer of crunchy sugar, filled with weed, and surprisingly easy to bake. Make these classic cookies with an herbal twist for your intimate holiday gatherings or stash away the entire bunch for yourself. Either way, all you need is a batch of cannabutter and this foolproof recipe.
Ingredients: (Makes About 20 Cookies)
- 1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter/cannabutter**
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 room temperature egg
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter (preferably Jif or Skippy)
- ¼ cup granulated sugar for rolling
**Note: The ratio of cannabutter to unsalted butter is entirely up to you and your desired dosage, just be sure to use ½ cup of butter total.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment (or even a fork will do), mix the butter and both sugars together until light and fluffy. Add the egg and beat until well combined, scraping down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed. Add the peanut butter and vanilla, until fully combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, then mix until smooth. The dough will be thick and soft at this point.
- Cover and chill the dough for 1 hour in the refrigerator (and up to 2-3 days). If you plan to chill for longer than a few hours, allow the dough to sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes before rolling and baking as it will be quite hard and unpliable.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper, silicone baking mats, or grease well. Set aside.
- Roll cookie dough into balls, about 1 ½ tablespoons of dough per cookie, and then roll the balls in granulated sugar. Use a fork to make the classic crisscross indent on top of each. Bake each batch for 10-12 minutes until very lightly browned on the sides.
- Remove from the oven. Cool cookies on the baking sheets for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely or devour immediately. The choice is yours.
- Cookies stay fresh covered at room temperature for up to 1 week.
There you have it, folks! When pot brownies just won’t do the trick, give these peanut butter weed cookies a try — we promise you won’t be disappointed. Whether it’s a gift for friends or a treat yourself moment, these cookies always do the trick.
Peanut Butter Canna-Kiss Cookies
You won’t be able to stay away from these Cannabis infused, Peanut Butter Kiss cookies.
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup CannaButter, softened
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups flour (or CannaFlour)
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup sugar (for coating)
- 24 Hershey kisses, unwrapped
- Beat together sugar, brown sugar, CannaButter and peanut butter in bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add egg, vanilla and salt, beating until mixed well.
- Add flour and baking soda, continue beating until all ingredients are mixed.
- Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes to firm. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Shape dough into inch-round balls. Rough cookie dough balls into sugar, place an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 8 minutes or until very lightly golden brown.
- Immediately press a chocolate kiss into the middle of each cookie, cookie will crack around edges. Transfer cookie to cooking racks.
- Cool for 10 minutes before serving.