Whether you’re a beginner or a seasoned veteran when it comes to making cannabis edibles, cannabis peanut butter cookies are the perfect place to start. Simple and easy to make, these cookies are essentially a staple within the marijuana edible division of the cannabis industry. That strong herbal flavor that weed leaves behind on your palate can sometimes make a recipe taste a bit weird, but thankfully, peanut butter is overpowering enough to cover that up, making your eating experience much more pleasant.
You can’t make cannabis peanut butter cookies without one of the staple recipes important for every cannabis kitchen: cannabis coconut oil, cannabutter, cannabis sugar or cannabis concentrates.
You can use any optionn you want, or mix and match them to adjust the potency and taste of your final product.
CANNABIS COCONUT OIL OR CANNABUTTER
Used interchangeably, baking with cannabis oil or cannabutter is an easy way to infuse a broad-spectrum of compounds like CBD or THC from the cannabis plant and get them into the food you are eating.
As a heads up, you will want to make sure you have one of these recipes prepared BEFORE diving into making your own cannabis-infused peanut butter cookies.
The process involves cannabis decarboxylation and then oil infusion and takes approximately 5-hours.
The process of infusion is nearly the same, but does have some differences, which is why I have two different guides for you:
- How to Make Cannabis-Infused Coconut Oil
- Easy, Step-by-Step Guide to Making Cannabutter
Again, it is your choice which one you want to make, both work well in this recipe.
Once you have your cannabis coconut oil or cannabutter ready, you can go ahead and prepare these peanut butter cookies.
You can also make these cannabis peanut butter cookies with cannabis-infused sugar if you have some on hand.
Cannasugar is made by pouring a QWET tincture or a Green Dragon tincture over white sugar and letting the alcohol evaporate off, leaving a cannabis-infused sugar behind.
It is entirely up to you whether or not you want to use cannabis oil or cannasugar in this recipe.
Delicious Peanut Butter Cannabis Cookies
These melt-in-your-mouth cookies are buttery, coated in a layer of crunchy sugar, filled with weed, and surprisingly easy to bake.
If pot brownies have never been your thing, we’ve got something a little different to satisfy your sweet tooth: peanut butter weed cookies. Continue Reading Below
Sugar cookie’s nutty cousin, these melt-in-your-mouth cookies are buttery, coated in a layer of crunchy sugar, filled with weed, and surprisingly easy to bake. Make these classic cookies with an herbal twist for your intimate holiday gatherings or stash away the entire bunch for yourself. Either way, all you need is a batch of cannabutter and this foolproof recipe.
- 1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter/cannabutter**
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 room temperature egg
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter (preferably Jif or Skippy)
- ¼ cup granulated sugar for rolling
The ratio of cannabutter to unsalted butter is entirely up to you and your desired dosage, just be sure to use ½ cup of butter total.
Instructions:Continue Reading Below
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment (or even a fork will do), mix the butter and both sugars together until light and fluffy. Add the egg and beat until well combined, scraping down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed. Add the peanut butter and vanilla, until fully combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, then mix until smooth. The dough will be thick and soft at this point.
- Cover and chill the dough for 1 hour in the refrigerator (and up to 2-3 days). If you plan to chill for longer than a few hours, allow the dough to sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes before rolling and baking as it will be quite hard and unpliable.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper, silicone baking mats, or grease well. Set aside.
- Roll cookie dough into balls, about 1 ½ tablespoons of dough per cookie, and then roll the balls in granulated sugar. Use a fork to make the classic crisscross indent on top of each. Bake each batch for 10-12 minutes until very lightly browned on the sides.
- Remove from the oven. Cool cookies on the baking sheets for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely or devour immediately. The choice is yours.
- Cookies stay fresh covered at room temperature for up to 1 week.
There you have it, folks! When pot brownies just won’t do the trick, give these peanut butter weed cookies a try — we promise you won’t be disappointed. Whether it’s a gift for friends or a treat yourself moment, these cookies always do the trick.
Before proceeding with the recipe for marijuana peanut butter cookies, you must make cannabutter, which is widely used for all sorts of cannabis edibles. In order for your edibles to give you that “high” feeling, the weed used for your cannabutter will need to go through the decarboxylation process. This means your raw cannabis has to be heated up to activate the THCA cannabinoids that it contains and turn it into the psychoactive compound THC, which is what gives you that intoxicating effect from weed. Make sure to pay attention to the potency of your cannabutter as this will also determine the potency of your cannabutter peanut butter cookies. If you don’t know how to figure out the correct dosage for your recipe or just don’t want to do the math, we have provided an online calculator for your convenience. Of course, if you don’t want the head high, try swapping THC with CBD!
Pot Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe
- 1 cup desired peanut butter
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup softened cannabutter
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- Baking sheets
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. While waiting for it to warm up, add the softened cannabutter, white and brown sugars, and peanut butter into a bowl. Afterward, beat in the eggs.
- Sift the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a different bowl. Next, stir the other mixture into this one, and place the dough into the fridge for about 1 hour.
- Roll the dough into 1-inch balls, placing them onto ungreased baking sheets. Flatten each of the balls with a fork to make a crisscross pattern.
- Bake the balls in the preheated oven for approximately 10 minutes or until the weed peanut butter cookies are a golden brown.