Edibles continue to come in new shapes, sizes and flavors, but there’s still room for creativity. When you learn to prepare your own cannabis chocolate, you’re given greater control over the potency, cannabinoid ratios, flavor combinations and consistency of your edibles. Are you in search of a potent CBD/THC ratio, or do you simply want your weed to come in an edible form? Once you’ve mastered the art of making weed chocolates at home, you can make anything from high-end cannabis creams to simple marijuana peanut butter.
Chocolate and cannabis both release feel-good chemicals in our brain. Both substances make each other better; chocolate masks the cannabis taste, thus making it more pleasant to consume.
Why cannabis chocolates
The relative ease of making chocolate edibles creates a relatively simple process with few limitations. The toughest step to master is tempering the chocolate (which we’ll get to in a minute), but even that can be overcome with a few tried-and-true techniques.
Consistent dosing. With cannabis-infused chocolate, you only need the necessary ingredients—chocolate and a tincture of your choice that features instructions for dosage based on concentration. Rather than measuring out an appropriate amount of the entire mixture, you can simply add the correct dose to each individual piece.
Complimentary chemicals. Unlike cannabis, cacao is a plant in the Musaceae family of plants. The striking similarity between chocolate and cannabis don’t stop there — both produce effects that are similar to consuming cannabis-albeit much more subtle with cocoa. And, with its sedative and mood-boosting properties, it’s no wonder that chocolate leads many to cannabis.
A word on tempering
Making chocolate edibles is a two-stage process that includes tempering and candy-making. Tempering chocolate may sound complicated, but it’s all about making sure you melt the chocolate evenly without overheating it.There’s real science behind this involving crystal structures and precise temperatures, which you can read more about in detail here. In order to temper chocolate, one typically needs to make use of a double boiler. This is not necessary with patience, however.
The surface of the chocolate will harden and acquire a glossy sheen when cooled. When it comes to the properties of chocolate, dark chocolate is easier to melt and manipulate than white chocolate. Chocolate chips are best for making your own high-end confectionery items if they contain real cocoa butter; otherwise they’re not recommended for this type of work.
The list of ingredients for any recipe is short. Chocolate and cannabis is the main what you need. You can use either finely ground, decarboxylated cannabis or activated cannabis tincture. You can use of your choice chocolate chips or baking chocolate.
Decarboxylate Cannabis For Making Chocolate Edibles
Before you use your cannabis, the dry flower should be decarboxylated. Layer it on a baking sheet in small piles and bake at 240° for 25-30 minutes. Grind coffee or spice grinder to make the powder as fine as possible.
Cannabis infused chocolates
One of the simplest preparation methods for cannabis-infused chocolates is to infuse cannabutter into a high quality chocolate recipe. Chocolates are also one of the favorite recipes among the searches on the CannaCook website, because of how easy they are to make, and because they make dosing easy.
Just remember the two golden rules of cannabis edible creation: decarboxylate, and mix with a fat or an oil. So you have to worry about decarboxylation. But, if you really can’t be bothered to make your own, even though it’s so easy, you can buy CBD chocolate bar, THC chocolate bar or, it worth to try Natures Harvest Chocolate Bars with a variety of fillings and flavors. Besides, buying marijuana candy bars is common in most Canadian and US dispensaries.
Cannabis Infused Chocolate
- 1/3 cup cannabutter
- 4 cups melting chocolate
- Double broiler
- Candy molds
- Add water to your double broiler over high heat.
- Once water is at a boil, turn to low heat.
- Add two cups of chocolate and stir for 30 seconds.
- Add the remaining 2 cups of chocolates and stir until mostly lump-free.
- Add cannabutter and stir until cannabutter is completely melted.
- Once the cannabutter is melted, pour into your candy molds.
- Refrigerate until the chocolates are hardened.
- Once ready, remove the chocolates from molds.
- Store in air-tight container in your refrigerator.
Super Easy Cannabis Chocolate
- 300 g chocolate chips or baking chocolate
- decarboxylated cannabis or activated tincture use preferred dose
- Heat baking chocolate or chocolate chips in a bowl placed on top of a pot of hot water. The bowl must have a larger diameter than the pot to prevent water from contaminating the chocolate. Cover the bowl once it begins to simmer and set aside for several hours, stirring occasionally until thoroughly melted.
- You should put the ground decarbed cannabis or activated tincture in when the chocolate is liquid but not yet runny.Mix very well. When you have a smooth pourable consistency, continue to heat gently.
- Pour into molds, being careful not to get any water in the chocolate. Let chocolates cool at room temperature.
You should add lecithin granules to increase the viscosity of chocolate, making it easier to pour.
- Do Not Add Liquids
Do not add honey, syrup, vanilla extract or any other liquids to chocolate.
White Marijuana Chocolate
This recipe for marijuana chocolate is really simple. Probably one of the easiest recipes to make we’ve discussed so far. In fact, you won’t be able to consume the chocolate in the day because the main thing to make it correctly is to leave it in the fridge 24 hours a day so that it becomes consistent and acquires the texture of any other normal white chocolate tablet, otherwise, you will be surprised how simple is to make white marijuana chocolate.
- 200 grams of white chocolate
- 2 grams of dry buds
- 15 grams of normal butter
- 4 tablespoons of water
First, chop the chocolate as finely as you can before putting it in the pot with 4 tablespoons of water. Stir on low power and give a taste to check for sweetness.
You may add four tablespoons of water
The second step to making a good chocolate sauce is getting your chopping board out. The type of chopped items you want to use will depend on the sauce that you are making and how chocolaty you want it to be.
It is important to keep a modest fire, so that the chocolate does not scorch. Unlike dark chocolate, because of its composition, it remains granulated when mixed with milk and melted in contact with heat. One way to avoid this is to use a less potent strain of cannabis, such as white skunk.
Do not stop stirring
Thirdly, when the white chocolate gets melted, add the marijuana butter, or the buds. If we use the second option, then they should be ground up into tiny bits.To do that, you know that the grinder you use to make joints is always a good ally.
Add the marijuana butter or the buds
Fourthly, when the mixture is as compacted as possible, remove it from the stove and pour it into the mold we have chosen. Let it cool. If you want your chocolate to take the shape of a bar, peruse large grocery stores and bakery shops even head over to some cannabis paraphernalia shops. Most will offer bars shaped like a rectangle or square as well as moulds for however one would like them shaped.
Pour the mixture into the mould
When the chocolate’s no longer hot, you can place it in the fridge for 24 hours so that it becomes firmer and takes on a more typical bar form. From here… you only have to enjoy it! In what way? You can consume it like any normal chocolate, eating an ounce or using it to make other desserts like the ones I’m going to introduce you to a fridge.
Keep homemade chocolate chocolates in an airtight container and store it in a cool, dry place where they will be away from light. Properly storing your cannabis chocolates will help them stay fresh for weeks or more.
Chocolate Edibles Bar
- 3-5 grams of finely ground cannabis (adjust as desired)
- 100 grams of dark chocolate (regular bar or chocolate chips)
- Glass bowl
- Chocolate mould
- While your cannabis is decarboxylating (see above), you can start melting you chocolate. To do this gently without burning it, it‘s best to melt the chocolate by steam. Don‘t worry, it‘s easy to improvise: Place your glass bowl on top of the saucepan, making sure it does not come into contact with the water. The first step in this recipe is to make a double-boiler with a medium saucepan and a glass measuring bowl assigned to it.
- Place your chocolate into the glass bowl and allow it to melt, stirring occasionally.
- Decarboxylate your cannabis buds before mixing it with the chocolate. Grind the decarbed cannabis as evenly as possible to avoid getting clumps of weed in your food.
- Once it’s all nicely mixed, pour the liquid chocolate into molds to set. If you don’t have any molds, ice cube trays work just as well.
- Once the mould is full, gently lift it about 10cm off the table and carefully let it drop back down. To avoid the trapped-air problem, simply use a spoon to stir your softened chocolate and round out the mixture.
- Put the moulds in the fridge until they have hardened.
Vegan Chocolate Edibles Bar Recipe
- 2-4 grams ground marijuana
- 1/2 cup melted cocoa butter
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1/3 cup agave syrup or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp almond extract
- Preheat your oven to 240ºF and put your ground weed into an ovenproof bowl along with the cacao butter. Cover the bowl with foil and put it in the oven for 30 minutes. This will decarboxylate the weed, activating the THC.
- Once the 30 minutes are up, remove the melted cannabis-cacao butter from the oven and strain it through a sieve lined with cheesecloth to remove the plant matter. Strain it directly into a saucepan and put the pan on the stove over medium-low heat.
- Add the cacao powder, syrup, cinnamon, salt, almond extract and stir until all the ingredients are combined. Pour the cannabis chocolate mixture into a candy mold and freeze for 15-30 minutes until it’s solid. Enjoy!
Chocolate Bars with Cannabis Oil
- Cannabis oil of choice
- ¾ cup coconut oil OR shortening
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ cup milk powder
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla or chocolate extract
*Note: Feel free to stir in extras such as nuts, raspberries, or coconut shavings before pouring the mixture evenly into the cups.
- Melt the coconut oil/shortening in the saucepan over medium heat. Ensure the temperature never exceeds 325F to avoid vaporizing the cannabinoids which are about to be added.
- Add sugar and gently stir.
- Add cannabis oil, continuing to stir gently.
- Add cocoa and milk powder by folding them in while stirring.
- Add the vanilla or chocolate extract (or any other extracts you’ve chosen to enhance the flavor such as almond, rum, butter, cherry, cinnamon, coffee, peppermint, raspberry – you get the picture) and continue to stir gently.
- Mix until chocolate is of smooth/silky consistency.
- Pour the chocolate into your silicone bar molds.
- Shake or tap the molds to ensure that any air bubbles surface and dissipate.
- Refrigerate chocolate in their molds for about two hours or until the chocolate hardens.
- Pop the infused chocolate out of their molds/trays and enjoy!
How to make CBD cannabis chocolate edibles?
CBD chocolate is made in a similar way to THC, but would use CBD-rich cannabis instead. CBD is different from THC, and it’s a key component of CBD oil. One way to incorporate CBD into your usual chocolate treats is by using the mixture as an ingredient in the recipe. You can also do both of these things at the same time, to make yourself some stronger CBD chocolate bars. If you’re using CBD buds, make sure to decarboxylate first because CBD also requires decarboxylation.
CBD medical cannabis chocolate is a great way to treat the symptoms of many different illnesses. The most common symptoms that people treat successfully with CBD are:
- Sleep problems
The CBD strain is great for these symptoms, but it can take a couple of hours to show results. White Skunk cannabis is not always the best option if you have anxiety or stress because it takes too long to actually help with those symptoms. If you want instant pain relief, check out this article about the best CBD strains for pain.
CBD Chocolate Edibles Bar
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup chocolate of your choice (broken up)
- ½ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extracts
- CBD oil (added according to your dosage)
When choosing the CBD oil, you’ll need to calculate how much CBD you need based on your regular daily dose. We’ll make the chocolate using a baking tin that you can cut into several pieces depending on how much CBD you want in each piece.
- Fill a large pot or saucepan with water, then place a heatproof dish on top, avoiding direct contact between water and the dish. This is how you create a DIY double boiler.
- Turn heat to low and pour the butter into the dish, stirring frequently to allow it to melt without burning.
- Once you’ve melted half of the butter, add the chocolate to your double boiler. Keep stirring to prevent burning.
- When everything is well combined, take the pan off the heat and let it cool. Keep in mind not to let it harden though.
- Once cooled, stir in the honey, vanilla extract, and CBD oil.
- Pour the CBD chocolate into a mold, then even it out using a spatula.
Chill in the refrigerator or freezer until solidified, then cut into pieces.
Whether you’re making THC chocolate bars or CBD chocolate bars, NOTE, CСhocolate and marijuana taste great together, just try it for yourself.