“Dunk and go nuts” with these beautifully decorated doughnuts infused with cannabis from artisanal bakers. Whether paired with cannabis coffee or enjoyed on their own, these dank doughnuts will surely brighten your day!
Weed Glazed Donuts Recipe
For the Donuts
- 1 & 1/4 cups cannabis milk
- 2 & 1/4 tsp instant yeast quick rise (quick rise)
- 2 large eggs
- 8 tbsp cannabis butter
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 & 1/4 cups bread flour
- oil (for frying)
Foe the Donut Glaze
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup cannabis milk
- 1 pinch salt
- In a medium bowl, heat the cannabis milk in the microwave for about 45 seconds. Add in the yeast and give it gentle stir. Let the mixture sit for about 5 minutes or until there is some foam on top.
- Using a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook, beat together the yeast mixture, the eggs, butter, sugar and salt until combined. Add in about half of the flour and mix until combined. Add in the remaining flour and mix until combined. If the dough is too wet to handle, add in flour 1 tablespoon at a time. Cover the bowl with a towel, and leave it in a warm place for 1 hour or until it doubles in size.
- When the dough is done rising, pour it onto a well-floured surface and roll it to 1/2-inch thickness. Cut the donuts with a donut cutter. Save the donut holes. Knead scraps together, being careful not to overwork the dough, and repeat the process of rolling it out and cutting the donuts.
- Place the cut donuts on parchment paper, leaving room to rise between each one. Cover the donuts with a kitchen towel and let them rise in a warm place for about 45 minutes until they are puffed up.
- About 15 minutes before the donuts are done rising, heat oil in a deep-fryer or large heavy-bottomed pot to 375°F/190°C. Place cooling racks on top of sheets of paper towels parchment paper, or line plates with paper towels.
- When the donuts are ready and the oil is hot, carefully add the donuts to the oil, a few at a time without overcrowding your deep-fryer or pot. When the bottom of the donuts are golden, about 45 seconds, flip the donuts over using a spatula. Cook until the other side is also golden. Donut holes will cook quicker. Remove donuts with a tong or slotted spatula, and place on the prepared racks or plates. Repeat with the remaining donuts, making sure to keep the oil at the right temperature.
- In a large bowl, mix together the sugar, milk and salt until smooth. If you prefer a thinner glaze on the donuts, add in more milk one teaspoon at a time.
- Place a cooling rack on top of paper towels or parchment paper for easy clean up. Dip one side of the fried donuts into the glaze. Flip the donut over using a fork. Carefully transfer the glazed donut to the prepared cooking rack. The glaze will slowly drip off the donuts as it sets. Repeat with remaining donuts.
Dopey Doughnut Holes
- 175g all-purpose flour
- 10ml baking powder
- 2ml salt
- 120ml buttermilk
- 50g cannabis sugar
- 45ml cannabis-infused coconut oil
- 750ml vegetable oil, for frying
- 60g cannabis sugar
- Pre-heat the oil in a medium sauce pan until it reaches 180 C.
- Mix the flour, cannabis sugar, baking powder and salt together in one bowl.
- Mix the buttermilk and cannabis-infused coconut oil together in another bowl.
- Slowly stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until it is well combined.
- Roll the dough into ½ tablespoon size balls, fry the balls a few at a time to make sure they have enough space around them to fry evenly.
- Fry the balls until golden brown on the bottom, then flip them over and cook the other side.
- Remove the cooked balls from the oil and allow the excess oil to drain on paper towel, roll the doughnuts in cannabis sugar while they are still warm.
Weed Vegan Donuts
For the Donuts
- 3.5 – 7 grams marijuana
- 4 tbspn coconut oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup soy milk
- 1 tbsp applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the Topping
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup melted vegan butter
- Preheat your oven to 240°F and break your buds down into an ovenproof bowl. Add the coconut oil, cover the bowl with foil and place it in the oven for 40 minutes. Then remove the bowl from the oven and strain the oil using cheesecloth into a mixing bowl. Discard the plant substance and raise the oven heat to 350°F.
- Sift the flour into the bowl and whisk sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg until they’re well blended. Pour in the milk along with the applesauce and vanilla extract and mix to incorporate all the ingredients.
- Oil a donut pan and transfer the donut batter into a ziploc bag and cut a corner off the bottom of the bag to squeeze batter into each donut cup, filling them until they’re about 3 ∕ 4 of the way full.
- Bake for 10 minutes and once those edges are golden brown and the sweet warm smell of baked donuts caresses your nostrils, that’s when you’ll know… they’re ready.
- Donut Topping. Combine sugar and cinnamon in one bowl and put the melted butter in another. Dunk the donuts into the butter on both sides then into the cinnamon sugar mix to coat it. You now have scrumptious weed donuts. Stay groovy and enjoy!
Classic Cannabis Donuts
For the Donuts
- 2 cups flour
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon cannabis butter melted
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
For the cinnamon sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
For the glaze
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ tablespoon milk
- pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F and lightly grease your donut pans.
- Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine, eggs, milk, melted butters, and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until just combined.
- Fill donut pan ¾ full (about 3 tablespoons each), and spread the batter into an even layer.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- To release donuts from the pan, let them cool slightly, turn pan over and beat it gently on the table. The donuts should pop right out!
- For powdered sugar donuts, add about ⅓ cup of powdered sugar into a paper lunch bag. Toss donuts in the bag one at a time until they are coated evenly with powdered sugar.
- For the cinnamon sugar donuts, melt 4 tablespoons of unsalted butter in a small bowl. In a separate bowl, mix together your cinnamon and sugar. Dip both sides of the donut in the butter and then both sides in the cinnamon sugar.
- For the glazed donuts, combine all ingredients and mix until smooth. Either dip one side of a donut in the glaze and turn onto a cooling rack to dry, or set on cooling rack and drizzle glaze over with a spoon.