A CBD bath bomb is an excellent idea if you’re looking for a nurturing, holistic way to pamper yourself. This is all about taking the concept of a “bubble bath” to the next level. A lot of people prefer to make their own CBD oil bath bombs. The big benefit of doing this is that you get a cost-effective way to create a custom blend. Let’s dig into the how and why of making oil bath balls for health, wellness and reality-defying relaxation.
Why Use CBD to Make a Bath Bomb?
You should consider soaking in a bath with a CBD bath bomb if you’re looking for some next-level relaxation and healing properties. The experience of “bathing” in CBD creates the perfect environment for transdermal absorption that may help to foster more localized results in the areas of your body you’re hoping to treat and soothe. Here’s a look at the benefits of CBD bath bombs that get people hooked:
- All-over relaxation.
- Stress relief.
- Feelings of healing and purification.
- Nourishment of the skin, hair and nails.
A CBD bath really delivers two experiences in one. First, you’re getting the ritual of a long, relaxing soak. Second, you’re enjoying the benefits of CBD being deeply infused all throughout your body.
How to Make CBD Bath Bombs Using CBD Isolate?
You just need to combine a little bit of science with a little bit of creativity to make a CBD bath bomb at home. Today, we’re sharing a CBD isolate bath bomb recipe that’s easy enough for anyone to try for the first time. The first order of business is getting your hands on a high-quality CBD isolate to use in your CBD bath bomb recipe. This is a pure, crystalline form of CBD that offers a concentrated dose. Here’s what you’ll need to gather:
You will get approximately 6 bath bombs. Next, you can think about how you’d like to customize your bath bomb. You can do this using your favorite essential oil. Anything from lavender to lemongrass can add some extra relaxation and good vibes to your bath bomb. You can put in anywhere from three drops to 10 drops based on how fragrant you’d like your bath bomb to be.Here’s how you put it all together to sculpt a bath bomb:
- Bowl, mold
- A mold for your bath bomb.
0.3 grams of your preferred CBD isolate powder.
1 cup of baking soda.
1/2 cup of citric acid.
1/2 cup of Epsom salt.
2 1/2 tablespoons of warmed coconut oil.
The minimum amount of CBD for a relaxing bath bomb is about 20 mg. If you are seeking a calming bath experience, try between 50–100 mg CBD per count. For regular users, you may try adding up to 160 mg of CBD per one bath bomb.
If you want to get 20 mg of CBD per one bath bomb, you will need to add 0.12 grams of CBD isolate powder. For 100 mg CBD per one bath bomb, you will have to weigh 0.6 grams of the powder, and for 160 mg CBD per one bath bomb take 1 gram of the isolate product.
Sylvia Plath wasn’t wrong when she said, “There must be quite a few things that a hot bath won’t cure, but I don’t know many of them.” And what could possibly make this already soothing activity even more relaxing? A little help from THC or CBD in the form of a colorful bath bomb!
It’s no secret that bath bombs have been a hot commodity for some time now—these palm-sized fizzies come in a variety of shapes and colors while boasting excellent skin benefits. Pairing those benefits with the added body-relaxing effects provided by cannabis can lead to the ease of tension, reduced inflammation, and overall tranquility.
Whether you’ve been on your feet all day and your body is aching, or you’re simply looking for an excellent way to enjoy a lazy afternoon, below we show you how to make the perfect cannabis-infused bath bomb.
How to Make Your Own Cannabis Bath Bombs
Start to finish: 3+ hours (active: 15 minutes)
Yields: 1 bath bomb
- Bath bomb molds (we love these ones from Amazon)
- 4 ounces baking soda
- 2 ounces corn starch
- 2 ounces citric acid
- 2 ounces epsom salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons water
- 1 teaspoon essential oil
- ¼ teaspoon THC or CBD infused coconut oil or tincture
- 1–2 drops food coloring or mica color powder
- Combine all dry ingredients (except color) in a bowl. Whisk until evenly mixed.
- Combine all wet ingredients (except color) in a small glass vessel (a shot glass works perfectly).
- Very slowly, stir the liquid mixture into the dry mixture, whisking as you go. If you see lots of fizzing, you’re going too fast. If you’re using food drops for coloring, add them now.
- After all ingredients are evenly combined, the mixture should feel like damp sand. To test it out, put a small amount in your hand and squeeze. It should stick together in 1–2 big chunks once you release your hand. Add a few more drops of water if it doesn’t. Once you reach the desired consistency, mix in the color powder (if using).
- Fill each half of your mold with the mixture until it is a little over-filled, but don’t pack too densely. Loosely sprinkle some more of the mixture on each half (this helps the two sides meld).
- Press the halves together firmly and hold for a few seconds. Gently remove one side of the mold.
- Place the bath bomb mold side down and allow to dry for about 20 minutes. Carefully remove the other side of the mold in a gentle twisting motion. (Pro tip: Bath bombs can fall apart very easily, but you can remold one side or re-mix the whole ball and start over if you need to.)
- Let sit for a few hours (or preferably overnight) until bath bomb is totally firm, then enjoy a soothing cannabis-infused bath and let your stress melt away!
CBD Bath Bomb Ingredients:
- 8oz Epsom salts
- 8oz corn starch
- 8oz baking soda
- 4oz citric acid (when mixed with baking soda, this is what makes bath bombs fizz!)
- Bath bomb molds
- Fusion Premium Hemp CBD Isolate Oil (1 dropper per bath bomb you make)
- 1 tablespoon oil (any oil works- hemp, coconut, avocado – we did coconut for extra moisture)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon water
- Any essential oils you want for the bombs (I used a mix of eucalyptus, lavender, and citrus blends)
- Any “flair” of choice — glitter, food coloring, dried flowers, etc.
- Combine all your dry ingredients into a large bowl – Epsom salt, citric acid, baking soda, corn starch. Add in your “flair”- glitter, food coloring, dried flowers, etc.
- In a small bowl, combine all your wet ingredients – water, essential oils, CBD oil, & oil.
- SLOWLY pour your liquid mixture into your dry mixture. Keep stirring slowly as you pour. You do NOT want it to start to fizz; if you dump the liquid mixture in too fast, it’ll fizz!
- Once your liquid is poured in, whisk until there are no clumps. When all is mixed, the consistency should be that of damp sand. Grab some in your hand & see if it holds it shape when you release your grip. If so, you’re good to go. If not, add a tad more water.
- Pack up your molds, and don’t dilly dally! This part is time-sensitive because you don’t want your mixture to dry out. Pack each half of your molds separately (and we mean really pack it down). Put both halves together and repeat until you fill all your molds.
- Let dry for 24 hours. (Don’t open the molds, even though you’ll be tempted to.)
- Enjoy the magical healing power of your CBD bath bombs!
Homemade CBD Bath Bombs Are More Than Just
If you’re one to jump on Insta-trends, then you’ve already noticed the huge collection of #bathart photos floating around on Instagram. Bath bombs are super trendy right now. Obviously, the more colors you add, the better your bath is going to look in your feed (if that’s the kind of thing you’re in to).
CBD bath bombs are more than just a chance to liven up your Insta, however, they can be filled with lots of wellness ingredients that help your muscles relax and your skin hydrate and improve. The best thing about homemade CBD bath bombs is that you can custom-tailor them to what your body needs. Depending on your skin type and how your body’s feeling, you can play around with the ingredients until you get it just right for you.