Peanut butter chocolate chip cookies are up there with the cookie greats such as chocolate chip, oatmeal raisin, sugar cookies, and double chocolate. When I was in the Navy we would create over 200 cookies every single night. 100 of 2 different kinds. The crew loved having cookies on hand for quick grab and go snacks. Being a chef on board a Navy ship, the cookies were my currency for wheeling and dealing with all the other trades on ship. It’s amazing how fast your pay gets issued or how fast I something new from supply when cookies were on the line lol.
Cannacups make an excellent gift
If you are looking for the perfect party favor, this may be right for you. Perhaps you’re creating a wedding favor or attending a party in the coming days. Package your peanut butter cannacups for the perfect gift. Be sure to label these cannabis edibles as THC containing. Stack your peanut butter cannacups to make a cannacup cake. Box these sweet weed treats individually for a gift that keeps giving.
You can create cannabis infused cannacups that won’t get you high
Perhaps you’re the D.D at this party. Maybe you can’t consume cannabis that elicits psychoactive effects. If this is the case, we have a solution for you. Infuse your cannabis butter with cannabis that is high in CBD and low in THC. This way, you can still enjoy cannabis without the mind altering effects.
Ask your bud-tender about CBD strains that work well with CBD weed edibles. This is a fantastic idea as a party favor to include those that cannot partake and those who are driving. It is still important to let your guests know that these cannacups include cannabis.
There’s nothing quite like the comforting taste of chewy, homemade cookies right out of the oven—except, perhaps, a bit of cannabis to complement the enticing flavors. Bake these infused sweets with chunks of rich chocolate, creamy peanut butter, and a dash of sea salt for a delicious twist on the classic chocolate-chip cookie.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies with Sea Salt
Start to finish: 2 hours 30 minutes (active: 30 minutes)
Yields: 12 cookies
Approximate dosage: 10mg THC per cookie*
- ½ cup (or about 120mg worth, depending on your butter’s potency) of cannabutter, melted*
- ¾ cup peanut butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg plus 1 large egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 8 ounces semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate, roughly chopped
- Flake sea salt, for topping
- 2 cookie sheets
- Parchment paper
- In a large bowl, beat the cannabutter, peanut butter, sugar, and salt with an electric mixer. When a fluffy consistency is reached, beat in the egg yolk.
- When the egg yolk is well blended, add the other egg and the vanilla and continue beating until well combined.
- With the mixer on low, add the flour and beat only until doughy. Stir in the chocolate chunks and mix until well distributed.
- Divide the dough in half, and cover each half with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least two hours.
- Preheat the oven to 375˚F. Line the cookie sheets with parchment paper. Remove dough from the refrigerator and divide into small, evenly-sized balls by rolling (we recommend covering your hands in flour to avoid sticking). Dough portion size should be a little smaller than a golf ball.
- Place dough on parchment paper about 2–3 inches apart. Flatten dough balls to about ¼ inch thick with your hand or using a flour-covered glass jar base. Sprinkle each with sea salt.
- Bake cookies until golden brown, usually about 7–9 minutes, rotating each sheet’s oven position halfway through baking. After baking, remove cookies immediately to cooling rack and allow to cool. Enjoy!
*Note: The amount of cannabis butter specified in this recipe is a very loose suggestion; the actual amount you use should be modified based on the strength of your cannabutter and the potency you desire. Dosing homemade edibles can be tricky, so the best way to test for potency is to start with one portion of a serving, wait one to two hours, then make an informed decision on whether to consume more. Always dose carefully and listen to your body, and never drive under the influence of cannabis or alcohol.
Grandma’s small-batch peanut butter cookies
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 4 tablespoons canna-butter softened
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup flour
- 1 egg
- pinch of salt
- Heat oven to 340°F.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl. Stir until smooth.
- Divide the dough into 15 balls and press them down on a baking sheet covered with parchment.
- Bake until set and until the edges have the slightest bit of color, about 8-10 minutes. Allow to cool for 15 minutes. Cookies will get firm during the cooling process. Enjoy.
How to Make Cannabis Peanut Butter Balls
Cannabis peanut butter balls make for an irresistible treat. They also provide enough of a kick for cannabis lovers to keep them on hand. You might need a couple to get you to hit the roof but don’t go overboard or you could find you’ve blown up the roof.
- 1 1/2 cups peanut butter
- 1 cup Cannabutter (hardened)
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 1/3 cups Graham cracker crumbs
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- Mixing bowl
- Double boiler
- Wax paper
Place the peanut butter and the Cannabutter in a large mixing bowl. Slowly blend in the confectioners’ sugar making sure that it does not get messy. Add graham cracker crumbs and mix till consistency becomes solid enough to shape into balls. Make one inch diameter balls.
Melt the chocolate chips and shortening in a double bottomed boiler. Prick a toothpick in each ball and then dip them one by one in the chocolate mixture. Place the chocolate wrapped balls on wax paper on a tray. Place in the freezer for about 30 minutes till the balls are all solid.
This is an easy way to have a sweet snack and a cannabis kick at the same time. Just don’t gobble them all down at one go- gradually savor them and relish them like you really want to. Share these awesome peanut butter balls with your friends so that you all can feel the mellow kick coming on slowly, sweetly but surely!