The recipe calls for 169g of butter, if you’re not Snoop Dogg, probably don’t make the whole 169 cannabutter. I Did 100g cannabutter, 69g regular and made 18 cookies (between 46-48 grams of dough each), because that’s what I calculated was the right portion for the high I make a copy of it and use it yourself to calculate dosing for any future recipe by adding in the details of a recipe you know gets you how high you want to get.
Based on your oven, rack placement and pan setup, bake time may vary so pay attention to the first batch to dial in your bake time.
If you want to make sure your dosage is relatively the same per cookie, you’ll want to use a food scale to portion out.
Once your dough is made, if you allow it to rest for 3-5 minutes it will firm up some, making it easier to work with portioning it out on the pans
Make sure you know the weight of your mixing bowl before weighing your finished dough then do the math for how many cookies you want.
- 200 g all purpose flour
- 4 g kosher salt
- 4 g baking soda
- 169 g butter split the whole amount into 113g and 56g
- 200 g brown sugar
- 50 g sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg yolk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 170 g 70% dark chocolate
- Combine the flour, salt, baking soda in a mixing bowl and set aside
- Place a rack just below center of your oven and preheat to 375F
- Heat a pan on medium, then add the 113g of butter melt the butter then swirl regularly, scraping the bottom with a rubber spatula. The butter should foam and eventually brown after about 4 minutes. Remove the browned butter to a mixing bowl and allow to cool for 1 minute.
- Once the butter has cooled for a minute add the remaining room temperature butter and whisk til fully melted.
- Whisk in the sugars until fully combined with no lumps- about 30-60 seconds of whisking
- Whisk in the eggs until the dough is fully smooth and the sugar is dissolved. Then whisk in the vanilla
- using a rubber spatula fold in the flour mixture. Continue to fold until there are no more dry floury spots in the dough
- Gently fold in the chocolate chips until fairly evenly distributed throughout the dough.
- Optionally cover the bowl with plastic wrap and allow to rest at room temperature for 5-10 minutes, This will make the dough easier to work with when you start splitting it into cookies.
- Prep your pan how you like- I used silicone mats, but you can use wax paper or non stick spray.
- Portion out your dough on the pan. For my dosing I make 18 46-48g cookies. Whatever size cookie you make, I highly recommend doing the math and weighing out each ball of dough so you can be confident every cookie has a similar effect. I highly recommend a cookie scoop for this process. Keep in mind the cookies will grow 2-2.5 times in circumference when finished, so be sure to space your dough balls out in the pan liberally
- Bake the cookies near the center of the oven for 8-12 minutes. Keep in mind the cookies will continue to firm up as they cool so they should still be a little soft in the oven. To figure out if the cookies are ready in the oven poke one with a toothpick- the edges should be firm, but not hard, the center should be soft and the colour should be golden brown. Visually, you’ll know they’re done in the oven when the whole cookie has flattened and the center is as wrinkly as the sides. Move the cookies to a cooling wrap and repeat with the next batch.
Below are some recipes for great tasting marijuana cookies that you would eat even if they did not get you high – in particular the sugar cookies. You can make pot cookies using cannabutter or using dried weed, both make yummy cookies but using cannabutter means you need to make that first. We use dried weed as it is easier. All you have to do is add your dried weed to the recipe, it could not be simpler. And the cookies taste great. Your mum could eat them and not know they are weed cookies.
CANNABIS SUGAR COOKIES: SIMPLY GREAT
Cannabis sugar cookies can be made in any colour or flavour. These simple cookies taste great with or without added flavour.
Use margarine or butter that has been infused with cannabis for sugar cookies. Make sure your cannabutter or cannamargarine is room temperature before mixing the ingredients together.
MIXING THE DOUGH
To make cannabis sugar cookies, start by creaming together cannabutter and sugar. Add egg, food colouring and vanilla and mix until creamy. In a separate bowl, mix dry ingredients together. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until well incorporated, being careful to not over mix.
Divide dough into 12 equal portions using an ice cream scoop. Rolls into balls and press tops in sugar. You can use regular white granulated sugar or coarse sanding sugar. Evenly space coated dough balls on 2 baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Gently press dough down to about 3/4″ thickness.
BAKE CANNABIS INFUSED SUGAR COOKIES
Bake sugar cookies, one tray at a time in preheated 375° F oven for 13 to 15 minutes. Cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes, then remove and place on cooling rack to cool completely.
Store in the fridge in a sealed container for up to one week or store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Good looking food temps our eyes and entices us to taste it. There are many different ways of jazzing up your cookies so have fun, get creative and express yourself through food.
Some things you may need to dress up your cookies are:
- food colouring
- sanding sugar
- frosting or icing
- cake decorations
- candy melts
Colour your sugar cookie dough by adding food colouring to the wet ingredients in the recipe. It is a good idea to stock your kitchen with several different colours.
Rolling your sugar cookie dough in white sugar before baking creates a sparkly, eye catching appearance. Sanding sugar is more coarse and reflects even more light. This adds a dramatic visual effect as well as texture.
MAKE EDIBLES TASTE GREAT
Don’t forget flavour. There are many exciting flavours you can add to sugar cookies. Use good quality flavours and concentrated oils. Some popular flavours include orange, mint, anise, butterscotch, grape and lemon. Ground spices can also be used including cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves.