Chewing gum is one of those things that can help to keep us away from habits that we’re trying to avoid like nail-biting or smoking, and it tastes absolutely delicious, but it’s not often something that we think about making from scratch at home. However, most bubblegum also doesn’t come with a super potent cannabinoid ingredient THC, and that alone is enough to motivate anyone to try this unique combination.
Does it taste good?
This THC gum may have a slight undertone of the earthy green taste that many have come to expect from edibles. However, it’s not overpowering, and the all-natural sweetness thanks to the honey which helps to fill your mouth with a delightful layer that is invigorating, and a slight hint of peppermint that stands out against such a basic background of aromas. So in short, yes, it’s delicious!
What’s the texture like?
For some people, texture makes all of the difference, but since this chewing gum recipe is made using food grade beeswax, it has a lovely chewy texture that is similar to big brands like Hubba Bubba. This bubblegum might look hard at first after it’s dried, but after a few minutes in the mouth, it will be as soft as a fresh marshmallow.
How do we infuse our weed bubble gum?
We’re infusing our chewing gum with cannabis sugar. Create cannabis infused sugar to elevate your weed infusions and yourself. This versatile base for cannabis cooking is the ideal weed extraction for sweet weed edibles. Check out this recipe to learn how to create your own cannabis sugar at home.
You will first need to decide if you’re going to create CBD bubble gum or THC chewing gum. Visit your local dispensary to select a weed strain that works well with cannabis edibles.
You will need to create a cannabis tincture to dose your cannasugar. Ask your budtender to help you find cannabis bud that is high in THC if you’re looking to elevate. If you’re looking to avoid a high from THC infused gum, you can create a cannabis sugar with a CBD tincture instead. Your sugar will work with this recipe if it is THC or CBD based.
If your schedule doesn’t allow you to do-it-yourself, purchase a ready made infusion.
What ingredients do you need to create this recipe?
Fortunately, this recipe does not require a long list of ingredients. Cannasugar, citric acid, corn syrup, gum mix, glycerol, strawberry extract, and red food dye is all you need.
If you don’t enjoy the taste of strawberry, feel free to swap out strawberry extract with a flavor that you will enjoy. Perhaps you prefer a minty bubble gum. Consider using a peppermint or spearmint extract. If you enjoy a tropical flavor, try using pineapple, mango, or banana.
Cannabis infused Gum #1
- 1 1/2 Cup Cannabis sugar
- 2/3 Cup Gum Mix
- 1 tsp citric acid
- 8 tbsp Corn Syrup
- 2 tsp Glycerol
- 2 tsp Strawberry extract
- 1 tsp Red Food Dye
- Blend the cannabis sugar until you have a powdered sugar and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, Add all your gum mix, citric acid, corn syrup, glycerol, extract and food dye.
- Give it a quick mix and microwave for a minute.
- Put your cannabis sugar onto a clean surface and make a well in the middle.
- Put your gum mixture into the well.
- Slowly incorporate the gum mixture with the cannabis sugar. Continue to beat and fold for 10 minutes.
- Now put it on a surface with a little powdered sugar on it, roll out the gum flat. And cut in pieces you want
Cannabis infused Gum #2
- Mason Jar or similar
- Weed (approx. 1 dime bag)
- 5 Gum brand chewing gum
- First I found a mason jar that could could hold the weed and the vodka.
- What I did was pour in enough vodka to cover the weed entirely, then i shook it a couple times every hour for a day and then I just let it sit for about a week or two.
- After that I placed a piece of 5 gum (5gum.com) in the jar and let it soak for 1 day, then I let it dry in the open for 1 day.
- After that you can eat it!
Cannabis infused Gum #3
- 1 cup icing sugar
- ½ cup food-grade beeswax
- 3 tablespoons cannabis-infused honey
- 3-5 drops of peppermint extract
- Double broiler
- Add the gum base ingredients including beeswax and honey to a double broiler, and then turn the burner on to medium heat.
- Stir the ingredients until they are all thoroughly melted and combined. At this point, if you don’t want plain-looking bubblegum, you can even toss in a few drops of food colouring.
- Once the ingredients are melted, add the flavouring, mix the gum once more, and then the broiler can be removed from the burner to avoid scalding.
- Set aside 1 tablespoon of the icing sugar, and then you’ll need to create a volcano with it by dumping it onto a clean surface or cutting board and using your fingers to create a well in the middle.
- Pour the gum mixture into the well, and carefully use your fingers to work the icing sugar into the liquid ingredients.
- Knead the ingredients for either 15 minutes or until the gum is soft, stretchy, and it loses its stickiness.
- Use your hands to roll the chewing gum into a long log, and if you want square pieces, then you’ll need to press the tube into four equal sides so that it’s a rectangle.
- Once you’re happy with the shape, use a sharp knife to cut away individual pieces.
How to Make CBD Gummies
As mentioned, it’s very easy to make your own CBD Gummies. This recipe for Homemade CBD Gummies only has four simple ingredients.
- 3 cup 100% fruit juice such as pomegranate juice
- 6 tablespoon grass-fed gelatin
- 6 tablespoon raw honey
- 6 ml of the 3,000mg Medterra CBD Oil tincture
- In a medium saucepan, pour in the fruit juice and heat it over medium heat to a gentle simmer.
- Once the juice comes to a simmer, turn off the heat and whisk in the gelatin and the honey, stirring for about a minute until the ingredients are combined.
- Transfer the mixture to a small pitcher. Whisk in the CBD oil and then pour the mixture into your molds.
- Place the molds on a baking sheet and set it in the freezer or the refrigerator to set.
- Wait at least 30 minutes before removing the gummies from the molds.
- Store the gummies in the fridge for up to 10 days.
How does marijuana chewing gum affect our health?
The manufactures of marijuana chewing gum face a lot of issues when trying to make an effective CBD gum. The lead scientist behind the development of CanChew Plus, Dr. George E. Anastassov, said that it is tough to release any cannabinoids from a chewing gum base. He also said that the compounds are difficult to work with because of a lack of water solubility. Marijuana binds to the gum base, making it difficult to release.
The issues in releasing CBD from a gum base meant that 50% of the cannabinoid remained in CanChew gum after hours of chewing. Chew gum is a great improvement because it has 80% of the compound within 30 minutes of chewing.
Each piece of Chew gum has 50mg of full-spectrum hemp oil and 10mg of CBD. It is also expensive because it costs around $70 for a 30-piece pack. For those who are suffering from anxiety, anorexia, chronic pain, and migraines, the cost is not an issue as long as the product works.
If you take CBD through oil or capsules, it has to pass through your liver before it can reach your bloodstream. A part of the cannabinoid is metabolized, which means you immediately lose a part of the medication. This means that CBD chewing gum should enable the cannabinoid to reach the bloodstream without passing through the liver, making it so much healthier and better for patients.