While cooking with cannabis has long been a pastime among cannabis enthusiasts, the art of crafting edibles has only grown in depth and complexity in recent years. With the introduction of recreational legalization in states across the country, more options are available for cannabis consumers to be able to acquire the ingredients they need to make all manner of savory and delectable edible treats. For those searching for the best cannabis recipes to fill your days with warmth and THC-laden comforts, look no further than these premium selections that are simple enough to create at home.
Best Cannabis Recipes: Gnocchi in Ganja Butter
- 3 large baking potatoes
- 1 tablespoon plain olive oil
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour (add more if needed)
- salt, to taste
- weed-infused butter (optional)
- grated Parmesan, Asiago, or Romano cheese (optional)
1. First and foremost, always, always use baking potatoes. Leave skins on and rinse well. Boil in salted water until done. While hot, remove skins, then put potatoes through a sieve to insure no “lumps” remain (However, if you can mash them successfully without lumps—good for you!)
2. Using a large wooden spoon, combine all ingredients until fairly well mixed together. Flour a board, then mix and kneed the potato/flour mixture until it resembles bread dough. If you are uncertain as to the right of amount of flour to use for the right consistency, boil some salted water in a small pan. Roll out a portion of dough in the width and length of a cigar and cut into sizes of a small thumb (you can decide on the size of the gnocchi you want.)
3. Place a fork upside down and roll over the uncut side of a piece of dough you’ve cut over the fork. Some cooks just make an indentation with their thumb, but if you apply some pressure on the dough over the fork, you will end up with nice, small ridges; the idea being that they cook better with the ridges. Use a little piece of dough to roll at a time and cover the larger remaining portion to keep them from getting dry.
4. Cook one or two pieces for about 4 minutes. Remove and taste them. They should be firm but not too hard.
5. When you have finished cutting all the pieces, place them on a floured board or cookie sheet and sprinkle lightly with flour. These can be covered with a dish towel for use the same day or frozen on the cookie sheet, then placed in a plastic bag for future use. If used on the same day, you will notice that they will turn slightly grey. However, this does not alter the taste. They will turn white again when boiled.
6. If you are going to use them right away, boil some salted water in a large pot adding a tablespoon of olive oil. When they rise to the top of the water, cook for about five minutes. Gently pour into a large sieve or colander. While still in the colander, rinse gnocchi under hot water to remove the flour you topped them with. This will keep them from sticking when you add the melted butter/garlic combo or the red sauce.
NOTE: After rinsing, gently pour the boiled gnocchi in a large bowl or oval platter. If using marijuana-infused butter, add a little coconut oil or olive oil with the butter, adding a few pieces of chopped garlic, browning lightly. Slowly pour over the boiled gnocchi. Sprinkle well with grated Parmesan, Asiago, or Romano cheeses. I generally grate and use all three. You can use a red sauce on the gnocchi after pouring the butter/garlic over them if you desire. Enjoy!
Best Cannabis Recipes: Ganja Guacamole
As far as cannabis recipes go, ganja guacamole is perhaps one of the most simple to make. The one difference between the process of creating regular guacamole and ganja guacamole is the introduction of cannabis oil, which is mixed into the concoction along with all of the other typical ingredients one would find in guacamole.
Because guacamole does not require heating at any stage in the recipe, your ganja guacamole could be less potent than some of the other edible options featured on this list. However, less potent cannabis may be perfect for situations with many first-time or less experienced cannabis users.
- 3 avocados – peeled, pitted, and mashed
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons of crushed cannabis (1.5-2 grams)
- 2 roma (plum) tomatoes, diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon of Cannabis oil
- 1 pinch ground cayenne pepper (optional)
In a medium bowl, mash together the avocados, lime juice, cannabis oil and salt. Mix in onion, cilantro, cannabis, tomatoes and garlic. Stir in cayenne pepper. Refrigerate 1 hour for best flavor, or serve immediately.
Best Cannabis Recipes: Strawberry Canna-Jam
This cannabis-infused strawberry jam calls for the introduction of “cannahoney”, which can be purchased from certain edible retailers or crafted on one’s own. Like ganja guacamole, making cannabis-infused jam is easy enough, and the recipe is versatile and applicable to any number of preserves. However, the process of making canna-jam calls for heating the mixture with a saucepan, which will result in a much more potent product than the guacamole mentioned above.
Time Required: 30 minutes
Yields About 2 Cups Jam
What You Need:
- small saucepan
- 3 cups sugar
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 4 cups fresh strawberries, halved with stems removed
- ¼ cup CannaHoney
- 2 Mason jars with lids
Split the CannaHoney equally and pour each part into a separate Mason jar.
Combine the sugar and lemon juice in small saucepan. Cook over very low heat for 10 minutes, or until the sugar is dissolved.
Add the strawberries and continue to heat for 20 minutes, or until the berries begin to juice and the mixture is very hot.
Pour the strawberry sauce carefully into the mason jars equally. Use a spoon to mix the sauce into the honey. Mix well.
Serve immediately, or allow jam to cool slightly before sealing and refrigerating.
Best Cannabis Recipes: Spicy Chipotle Marijuana Burgers
For those focused on impressing a gathering of cannabis lovers, these spicy chipotle marijuana burgers are built to stun any audience. The secret to infusing these burgers lies in mixing finely ground bud directly into the patties along with a host of other spices, producing flavorful and potent results.
As this cannabis recipe calls for the bud to be added to the meat itself, the quality of cannabis employed in infusing your burger can be important. All edible recipes should ideally employ cannabis that is both high-quality and conducive to cooking, as the flavor of your cannabis will most likely be noticeable to some degree when sinking your teeth in.
Ready to start cooking? Make sure to grab the good stuff at Have a Heart! Find your nearest location below.
- 1 1/2 pounds semi-lean ground beef
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 or 2 canned chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, minced
- 2 grams finely ground bud
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 slices Jack cheese
- 4 hamburger buns
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Assorted burger condiments
Place the ground beef, garlic, chipotle chiles, ground bud, oregano, mustard, chili powder, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Use clean hands to mix until all ingredients are evenly incorporated. Divide mixture into quarters and form each quarter into a large patty about 1-inch thick. Season the outside of the patties with salt and pepper. Grill on a grate brushed with oil over a medium-high fire until done to your liking, about 6 minutes per side for medium. Top each burger with a slice of cheese during the last minute or so of cooking time. When ready transfer burgers to buns and serve immediately with your favorite burger toppings.
This Post Has 2 Comments
Just buy jam from the store here in Toronto and use gram or 2 of shatter or any oil decarbed and melt into heated coconut oil and then add and stir into the jam.
I would be so medicated because I can’t stop eating good guacamole. I literally want to lick the bowl haha.