Cannabis drinks are a refreshing way to pass the time during the hot summer months. Give your lungs a break and try out an infused beverage instead. Cannabis drinks can give you all of the high, with none of the smoke.
When many people think of baking edibles at home, they think of a long, messy, smelly process that requires both time and effort. But by comparison, cannabis drinks are actually quite easy to make and can be enjoyed much more quickly than edibles.
And, if you’re really feeling adventurous, they can even be mixed or made with cannabis-infused alcohol for a real mind-blowing experience.
Check out these two recipes for cannabis drinks that you can enjoy this summer!
The easiest way to brew cannabis-infused lemonade is by mixing some THC tincture into your favorite lemonade recipe. Just load up the dropper and squirt your desired amount directly into some homemade lemonade.
Try out this recipe for some quick, easy, and refreshing summertime lemonade!
You will need: 6-8 lemons (about 0.5L of lemon juice), 1.35L cold water, 200–250g of sugar, and 2-3 tsp. of cannabis tincture.
- Start by juicing the lemons. An electric juicer will help you to squeeze out every last drop of liquid gold!
- Mix lemon juice with sugar and water in a glass pitcher stirring well in order to ensure that all sugar is dissolved.
- Add your tincture while being mindful of dosage. Mix well.
Want to kick it up even further? Try using cannabis-infused vodka instead of tincture for a real wild ride.
Making Cannabis-Infused Iced Teas
Cannabis tincture can also be used to make infused iced tea. While easy to prepare, the bitter taste of tincture does not pair as well with tea as it does with lemonade. Using infused honey instead will result in a much better tasting batch of iced tea, with just a little more work.
To make cannabis honey-infused iced tea you will need: 6 cups water, 6 teabags of your choice (or 3+ tablespoons of loose leaf tea), ½ – ⅓ cup of all-natural honey,
In order to brew this tea, start by preparing the infused honey
- Place half a cup of water and ½ – ⅓ cup of all-natural honey in a small saucepan and set to medium heat
- Add in the amount of tincture you’d like to infuse your honey with. Keep in mind, that the honey will be used for several teas or other recipes, so you want to add 3 or 4 doses (depending on how sweet you like your tea!)
- Once the mixture reaches 150℉, stir until all the honey is dissolved into the water
- Pour into a glass container and place in the refrigerator for 12 hours in order to solidify
When the infused honey is ready for use, simply brew up a batch of your favorite tea and use spoonfuls of honey to infuse and sweeten it. If you’re feeling adventurous you should try adding sliced fruit to your iced tea for extra flavor. Sliced strawberries, peaches, and lemons go great with cannabis-infused iced tea.
Cannabis Syrup Lemonade
Elevating your lemonade with cannabis-infused honey or syrup is another quick and easy way to make cannabis lemonade.
In some places, infused honey can be bought over-the-counter. In others, you will have to make your own. Cannabis-infused syrup can be used to sweeten lemonade, resulting in a deliciously sour and sweet beverage. Just like with tincture, grab a teaspoon and add some infused honey/syrup to your favorite lemonade recipe and enjoy!
Here is how you can quickly brew up some cannabis-infused syrup at home. Start with: 3 cups of filtered water, 3 cups of granulated sugar, 2 tablespoons of vegetable glycerin, 2 grams of ground cannabis.
- Place the water and sugar in a saucepan and bring to a boil, making sure that the sugar is dissolved.
- Add cannabis and maintain a steady, low boil for about 20 minutes.
- Add vegetable glycerin and reduce heat to a simmer. Allow to simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Place a cheesecloth or other strainer on top of a mason jar and pour the mixture through so as to separate the plant material from the syrup.
- Let it cool and store.
Just be careful with your syrup and try to avoid making a sticky mess!
Boozy Cannabis Lemonade
Ready to kick things up another notch? If you have some cannabis-infused vodka (or rum) on hand, then toss it into your lemonade for an even stronger buzz. There’s no waiting for the buzz to kick in with this one!
Not sure how to infuse your own vodka? It’s simple.
Just mix 3 grams of decarbed cannabis and 2 cups of vodka in a mason jar, shaking as much as you can for 20 minutes. Afterward, strain the mixture into another mason jar using a cheesecloth or other strainer to remove plant material. Once you have done this, your vodka should be good to go.
Got some actual plant matter laying around? Try juicing it to create a refreshing cannabis smoothie instead!
How do I make THC syrup?
We are making THC syrup by simply dissolving cannabis sugar in water. You can create this syrup in minutes.
To make cannabis sugar, you will need to extract the THC from cannabis into a high proof alcohol such as Everclear. You are first creating a THC tincture. Simply pour this tincture over crystal sugar and voila! You have cannabis sugar! If this seems a little too fast, not to worry. Check out our recipe and video to create cannabis sugar.
What are the next steps to create THC infused lemonade?
Once all ingredients are ready, it’s time to make your weed lemonade.
Follow the recipe below to mix up your THC lemonade!
How can I make my weed lemonade really unique?
Would you like to jazz up your cannabis lemonade? For a fresh taste and appearance, add fruit to your weed lemonade! Raspberry, strawberries, and peaches make beautiful additions to this tasty beverage. Consider adding mint sprigs for a hint of flavor and color!
Furthermore, you can really wow a crowd by rimming your glasses with cannabis sugar. Simply wipe the rim with a lemon, and spin the rim of the glass in the THC sugar. Want to add a little color? Consider using a fruit juice to color the cannabis sugar. You can also use food coloring to colour the beverage or the sugar!